Esteemed Contributor

Re: DID ENOUGH POSTERS REMAIN?

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Sage04 

Nah, there's a lot of back and forth on this thread. 

A lot of us vs them. 

Where did that come from? 

I'll say that side and others will say this side. 

So this thread, along with the dozens of others are just static really, to me.  

I'm done with the static from this point on.  

Call me crazy, but I like heavy moderation.  Woman LOL

@Lucky Charm  I certainly agree with you. There has to be rules. Why should kids be the only one to obey the rules?

I don't know if you were here over 18 years or more ago. I was a Peeper then and I must say I enjoyed every bit of it. The name calling, the cursing especially on weekends. Most Poster went at each other.

My husband and my son heard me laughing and ask why don't I join. I told them they would chew me up and spit me out. I was so polite then and knew I wouldn't fit in.

Years later, here am I. Sometimes I get upset at the Moderators and wish they would delete the Post that caused the problem rather than the entire Thread. That still bothers me.

I love that the Moderators are in control and we don't know who they are.

@Lucky Charm  we are in this together but if it's comes to an end, you're on your own.  Not following you lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   I've never come here to read people fighting.

But I do like an intelligent interesting conversation.  It's a shame a few always have to "back and forth" with another and can't let each have their own opinion.  Then a whole thread get's poofed.  I still enjoy my soap thread.

@Pink123  do you still Post there? Maybe you should start a Thread. I no longer watch the soaps but everyone once in a while I will read a few Posts. What's your favorite Soap?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

But I do like an intelligent interesting conversation.  It's a shame a few always have to "back and forth" with another and can't let each have their own opinion.  Then a whole thread get's poofed.  I still enjoy my soap thread.

@Pink123  do you still Post there? Maybe you should start a Thread. I no longer watch the soaps but everyone once in a while I will read a few Posts. What's your favorite Soap?

@Sage04  I watch Bold & Beautiful and General Hospital. Those two are my favorites now.  I think over the years I've watched them all.  I got addicted because my Mom watched and so I watched with her in the summers. It never stopped since then, ha.

There are already threads on each one.  They too have become quiet lately.  I don't post on the GH thread because I Tivo those episodes and am at least a month behind. I don't want to ruin it for myself as tempting as it is to read.

I do participate in the B&B thread but it too has become quiet lately.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@NickNack Okay, one last time for me to try and explain with a quick synopsis....and it's is not word for word.....

The poster started a thread here on QVC forums titled something like 'I've been banned on the Proboards!'

The post ranted about how she was banned for no good reason and she was done with the Proboards.

Several posters who post on both boards came here--along with several moderators from the Proboards and told her she wasn't showing as banned and if she was-- it was a glitch, etc.

Meanwhile, a poster came back to the Q forums and said that perhaps she was banned for quite negative things she was saying about posters on this board (QVC forums) such as they were stupid or idiots for staying here and posting and making purchases just because QVC recinded the Nov. 2nd shutdown.

The poster did come back and reply to me that she did say those things about those who remained here.

My question was.....so she wasn't banned for saying anything negative on Proboards, I guess you can do that.  But did they take her posts down or were they able to remain?

I was wondering if the Proboards tolerated that kind of post.  Or not.

I never did get my answer.

At this point I really don't care. 

I realize I'm one of a very few, if not the only one, who won't join any other boards, if this one goes. 

It has turned into a ghost town here and that is sad--to me.  But it's not the end of the world.

I don't know if the post is still there or not. I told you if it was,  it is long off the first page and she apologized for her behavior both here and there. At this point who cares? 

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Lucky Charm  yes it has become a ghost town over here.

In my opinion when a board becomes  so heavily censored sadly this is what you get. 

@Pink123  They do show the rules to follow when you join the QVC forums. I've noticed so many posters ignoring what they agreed to when they signed up. The posts that get 'censored' are against the community standards. I don't see anything sad about it. Plenty of forums where everything and anything can be talked about and fought about if that's what people want.

@proudlyfromNJ, I always enjoying reading your Posts. I must say I left NY and moved to NJ with my son and husband. Lived in Maplewood for years and then left. I would nominate you to be a Moderator at the QVC Boards but you would have to change your name to April or Cinnamon. I wouldn't want to know who you are, so that's why you have to change your name after I nominate you.  You make SENSE!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I like it here, and will join the other forum when and if necessary.

But, for now, I'm very happy.  

I think there are enough posters here, so far.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

In my opinion when a board becomes  so heavily censored sadly this is what you get. 

@Pink123  They do show the rules to follow when you join the QVC forums. I've noticed so many posters ignoring what they agreed to when they signed up. The posts that get 'censored' are against the community standards. I don't see anything sad about it. Plenty of forums where everything and anything can be talked about and fought about if that's what people want.

@proudlyfromNJ, I always enjoying reading your Posts. I must say I left NY and moved to NJ with my son and husband. Lived in Maplewood for years and then left. I would nominate you to be a Moderator at the QVC Boards but you would have to change your name to April or Cinnamon. I wouldn't want to know who you are, so that's why you have to change your name after I nominate you.  You make SENSE!!!!!

@Sage04  My Father grew up in Maplewood. Small world.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Sage04  My Father grew up in Maplewood. Small world.

@proudlyfromNJ  isn't that something? I miss Maplewood and also South Orange. The best Bagels ever.  Wish I had some now. Hot with butter. Here in Atlanta they think they know Bagels. THEY DON'T.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pink123 wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@Pink123 wrote:

@Sage04  I watch Bold & Beautiful and General Hospital. Those two are my favorites now.  I think over the years I've watched them all.  I got addicted because my Mom watched and so I watched with her in the summers. It never stopped since then, ha.

There are already threads on each one.  They too have become quiet lately.  I don't post on the GH thread because I Tivo those episodes and am at least a month behind. I don't want to ruin it for myself as tempting as it is to read.

I do participate in the B&B thread but it too has become quiet lately.

@Pink123  I watched the B&B for years but once they started getting married to each other I lost interest. Especially Brooke.  I'll check it out. Most

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I like it here, and will join the other forum when and if necessary.

But, for now, I'm very happy.  

I think there are enough posters here, so far.

@ROMARY  I wish I could be like you. You try to please everyone, that's the impression I got of you. I like it. Hey I was like you once, but after living in NY for years, it's changed lol. Keep on being the way you are but be tough when you have to.