Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear your husband is ill.

Not sure if he's in the hospital or you live close to the hospital.  

Hoping he starts to feel better soon!Heart

@Lucky Charm 

It's been almost 48 hours.  He was being watched very closely in critical care adjoining the ER.  We live 7 minutes from the hospital. 

He was probably the first angioplasty here in his mid thirties and the head of the city cardiology group did his procedure with the others in the group observing.

@ECBG 

So he had an angioplasty in his mid thirties? I might be confused, but that sounds as if he has had a similar problem before. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I am so sorry to hear of your DH's diagnosis.  It is a very aggressive illness....I know this from my Dad's diagnosis.

When I finally got him in an ambulance and admitted to the hospital, he had gone from an independent person who cooked his meals, did his checkbook, drove his car, etc. to someone unable to walk, suffered hallucinations, etc.

The night shift staff administered 3 very powerful antipsychotic meds which drove him over the edge and he became a raving maniac.  I stopped them from doing this again.  When I discovered that they were giving him Tylenol for his pain, I just about went ballistic and had them immediately get his doctor on the phone to prescribe a real painkiller.  Within a few days I had him transferred to a memory care facility but sadly he was there only 3 days before he passed.  He suffered no pain while there but I had to console his hospice nurse who couldn't believe the condition he was in when she had to examine him upon entrance.

I share this so you will take care with his assigned staff.  Never assume everything is okay....don't be afraid to demand answers to your questions and involve doctors to ensure he is being treated well when hospitalization becomes necessary.  

You have my thoughts and prayers as you both travel this hard road.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

Having gone through serious heart issues over time with DH, I know how agonizing the situation can be.

There are so many unbelievable things that can now be done to help cardiac patients, whether it is from the plumbing side ( blockages ) or the electrical side of the heart ( Afib, congestive failure, etc. ).

My DH is the Miracle Man: he has over a dozen stents and the last major procedure ( 5 hours of ablation for the Afib immediately followed by 3 hours for insertion of the pacemaker / defibrillator to keep the heart beating rhythmically).  He had been a jogger, walker, healthy cook and eater but had inherited bad genes which surfaced later in life.

It is a scary time to journey through but there are possible good outcomes.  I pray that you both get to experience them.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor
Prayers for you and DH for a diagnosis and treatment which can heal him. Hard as it may be, he is in the best setting to receive the care he needs. Take care of yourself. I wish you both the very best.
Respected Contributor

@ECBG , Sending good thoughts, prayers and the best medical care, that this will get better soon. It's so hard when a loved one is ill- I follow your lovely posts- 

Honored Contributor

I had no idea, @ECBG .   Prayers for you and DH, that his nausea will pass, he'll be able to eat, and that diagnostics will give the right direction for immediate treatment and alleviation of symptoms.  Thinking of you!

Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

Many thanks for your story.  He's back.  Next step is a  fact finding situation.

Honored Contributor

LADIES  he back from the arm angioplasty and didn't feel a thing unlike 30 years ago through the groin.  They gave him an anti -nausia shot shot which also let him eat a little a short while after the procedure.   I just hope his glass stomach doesn't return.

Now they have to turn over other stones.  Something happened.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I had no idea, @ECBG .   Prayers for you and DH, that his nausea will pass, he'll be able to eat, and that diagnostics will give the right direction for immediate treatment and alleviation of symptoms.  Thinking of you!

@Oznell 

Many thanks.  My new post is right behind yours and 4 back.

Nothing found.  More rocks to look under.

Many thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell 

Many thanks.  My new post is right behind yours and 4 back.

Nothing found.  More rocks to look under.

Many thanks!

This is great news @ECBG !! No blockages and no new stents. Praying they find what caused the nausea.