Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@depglass wrote:

What a hoot.  I'm showing him when he comes in from shoveling rocks out of the gravel road.  That's how bored he is.

@depglass  LOL! Mine is so bored he called a friend he hadn't talked to in about 10 years yesterday. He makes the dog act up as well.

@colliemom4, lol. I love the part about the dog!

Super Contributor

Re: DH ON YOUR LAST NERVE?

[ Edited ]

My Wonderful husband has an essential job here in New York and must work ...

I wish he was home with me we get along wonderfully, besides him working

he also is doing all the shopping for us, his parents and my brother. 

He has been wearing a respirator mask and gloves since February which I am

so happy he did, even when he was told not to here in New York ,so many of

his fellow co-workers have died. He takes his temperature everyday just to be safe..

I Love and appreciate him so much and he makes me laugh everyday. But I do worry every day when he leaves

for his job, and am so happy when he comes home safe.

So be happy your husband is able to be home with you..

Stay Safe.........

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AnikaBrodie    living alone, for years I've done all those chores around my house.  I just ordered myself a more powerful drill from "Lunchtime Specials", hoping it'll make repairing my wood fence easier.  I have an enviable tool collection.

@Kachina624 ...Nothing wrong with a woman being self sufficient.  I was, still am but after three husbands I began to realize that was the one thing they eventually didn't appreciate about me.  I was told that the things a man admires before marriage are the things they don't like after marriage, who knows?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Been retired for 2yrs now so being in the house is normal except the other day, I cook more with virus so decided to use paper plates instead of filling up dishwasher but had styro foam plates that I had. Figured use up the styro foam well so happy I watched DH got the styro foam trying to micro heat something up. I said NO NO get that out of micro wave. DH what???? said no they do go in micro DH said I know no metal didn't know that. It melts. Oh let's talk about the 15yrs of tax returns he has in the file cabinet. Said 7yrs you got to hold get rid of the others, he said you never know I said I know the gov after 7yrs has no claims shred the ******. Oh no we hold it. What about the rusty nails in the garage never know when you need a rusty nail to hang a picture. Yep welcome to my life. 

Honored Contributor
Yes, my poor husband has been riding my last nerve, and he knows it.

I love staying home and honestly believe I could do this forever. My husband is used to being on the go at least 3x a week and visiting people. He is a people person; I am not. Both of us lost our best friends this month, and my husband is really feeling lost. I lost a precious friend, and miss her very much, but we rarely saw each other and did not do things socially. My husband helped keep his friend, who was 20 years older, active and connected. They went out to breakfast or lunch, went to flea markets and town fairs, but mainly they talked about the jobs they did as a team, and loved. My husband's life will be different without his friend, and he's adjusting to that fact.

I made a service appt for his truck yesterday, which got him out of the house for nearly 3 hours; that time alone helped him tremendously.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AnikaBrodie    living alone, for years I've done all those chores around my house.  I just ordered myself a more powerful drill from "Lunchtime Specials", hoping it'll make repairing my wood fence easier.  I have an enviable tool collection.

@Kachina624 ...Nothing wrong with a woman being self sufficient.  I was, still am but after three husbands I began to realize that was the one thing they eventually didn't appreciate about me.  I was told that the things a man admires before marriage are the things they don't like after marriage, who knows?

@Lindsays Grandma    Thank for the information, but I don't intend to dive in again to learn if that's true.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

So far, so good.  No major skirmishes, but I was missing my "alone" time.  Luckily, we discovered my neighbor plays chess.   I don't.   So, they get together and I have a couple of hours to get stuff done.

@LyndaGee Or, Sweetie!  They may just be under your feet!Smiley Happy

(Hopefully he has a man cave!)!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma    Thank for the information, but I don't intend to dive in again to learn if that's true.

@Kachina624 ...Never expected or wanted you to.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I love the meme.  It took me back to when my DH was alive and sometimes got on my nerves.  I'd love to have him back.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@LyndaGee wrote:

So far, so good.  No major skirmishes, but I was missing my "alone" time.  Luckily, we discovered my neighbor plays chess.   I don't.   So, they get together and I have a couple of hours to get stuff done.

@LyndaGee Or, Sweetie!  They may just be under your feet!Smiley Happy

(Hopefully he has a man cave!)!!!

Yesterday we had beautiful weather, so they had their match on the patio.  Today, rain.  No man cave, but we have a den we both use.