Honored Contributor

Re: DELAWARE - HAIR SALONS OPEN TODAY???

@Zaimee 

yes ... i'm on west coast and seems much is pretty much back to "normal for today's normal".  Frankly, seems as though we were just "on pause" most stores have re-opened this week.  

It will be interesting the reports from the beaches this weekend.

My family is in West Palm and I know the openings are different.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1  Stay safe. 

Honored Contributor

i live in Delaware.

from what i understand, shopping is only if you call store tell them what you want they will bring it to your car at curb. Hair dressers are for essential people only, i believe the 15th is for openings, there are so many new rules and regulations in this state, I CAN NOT KEEP UP with the change this or that rule. 

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee 

thank you -- you too!  

Respected Contributor

I think Ohio is opening the 15th. My sister, daughter & I have appointments on the 26th.

Honored Contributor

I see Gov Cuomo got his hair cut but the rest of us can't. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I see Gov Cuomo got his hair cut but the rest of us can't. 

@Pecky  Call around your town. You will find someone to do it. I'm sure he has 'valets' just like the one in charge. Although I'm sure Cuomo and his barber are wearing masks.

Honored Contributor

For me, the exact salon, the exact personnel I come into contact with are as important as what the governor or mayors decree.

Right now neither of my snowbird areas has open salons, but in neither area am I out in public except for the very occasional supermarket or pharmacy trip, so I'm good with that.

I think I know what I'll do as either opens.  In one, I go to an owner-operated, one client at a time salon.  I'll feel as safe there as I do going to shop for food .  The other is totally different -  usually 3 women at the receptionist's desk, a half dozen stylists, a couple of shampoo workers, and one o two nail techs.   Much as I like the guy who does my hair, I may skip that busy place.

Super Contributor

I am an essential worker.

But getting back to my Topic, I can not find any hair salons in DE that are even answering their phones!

So how do I make an appt???   WHo is open???

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter and family moved to Orlando, FL in 2001. My grandson just married and lives in Maryland. My granddaughter just graduated from college in Florida and is planning to go to California, where my daughter and son-in-law nöw live. The cost of living in California is a lot higher than FL, but my daughter told me that the weather has become unbearable in the sunshine state. There's more to good weather than hot sun and storms.