Honored Contributor

Cute ..video from my sons front door

Two little girls put two dollars by the door...rang the bell and ran away.He had a garage sale yesterday and so I was thinking the girls might have taken something and mom found out.... he wouldn’t have minded but if that is the case I admire their mother for teaching a lesson.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cute ..video from my sons front door

Aww....I’ll bet that is just what happened.  Good for Mom or whoever had them do the right thing...,that’s a great story.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When my son was very young, he picked up one of those little matchbook cars while we were in the drugstore.  I discovered it when we got home.  I made him count out change from his bank (mostly pennies) and back to the store we went.  I asked for the manager, explained what happened and son got a stern lecture, then gave up his money (which he was glad to do).  He was soooo happy to get out of there.  No more problems with shoplifting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Several years ago we were paying a neighbor's kid to do some outside work.  It might've been pressure washing.  Anyways, we were paying by the hour and he overcharged me.  I knew he had, but I wasn't going to get in an argument with him about it.  His parents figured it out though and made him pay back what he overcharged me.  He has turned into a fine young man.  Those lessons are important.

Respected Contributor

I used the self checkout at a local store this afternoon and at the register next to me, two teenagers left before taking their dollars and change from the machine after they paid by cash.  I had to chase them down and they seem surprised but thankful that I took the cash from the machine, chased them down, and gave them their money.

Hopefully, every time someone "does the right thing", it will motivate others to do the same.  My mother taught me to be honest and nearly 60 years later, I try to always do the right thing and don't keep what doesn't belong to me.

Hopefully if those two little girls paid for something that they took yesterday, the lessons their mother is teaching them will resonate throughout their life. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 @I bet those teenagers will pay that forward someday.You never know maybe even to you.My young son and I were at a fast food place and teenagers were in front of us.It was a very hot day and they asked for water.The server told them it would be 10 cents each.They said they didn’t have money but were really thirsty...maybe she could give them one to share.I said never mind pick what you want and she can add it to my bill.They were so surprised and thankfull.A week or so later my son and I went to the school to shoot some baskets and those same boys were there.They insisted we use their basket because it was the only one with the net.We said thanks but they were there first but they would have none of it...so sweet.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Our oldest got a small box of baseball cards at the drug store.  I took him back, he had to pay out of his bank and he couldn't keep the cards.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 @I bet those teenagers will pay that forward someday.You never know maybe even to you.My young son and I were at a fast food place and teenagers were in front of us.It was a very hot day and they asked for water.The server told them it would be 10 cents each.They said they didn’t have money but were really thirsty...maybe she could give them one to share.I said never mind pick what you want and she can add it to my bill.They were so surprised and thankfull.A week or so later my son and I went to the school to shoot some baskets and those same boys were there.They insisted we use their basket because it was the only one with the net.We said thanks but they were there first but they would have none of it...so sweet.

@dex They'll definately do something positive.  The teens I taight had all sorts of little stories and they did wonderful things.  A lot of them worked for the "Special Olympics", sports for the handicapped at one of the high schools every spring.

Honored Contributor

Too bad the little kids didn't stick around to talk to your son. Just leaving money and running away doesn't teach them any kind of lesson about stealing. They needed to confront the person they stole from. Then they would have learned a valuable lesson.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2@whatnow   Or possibly the girls' mother forgot to pay for something from the tag sale and asked them to bring the money over and they were too shy to explain.  I was very shy when young--even as a teenager in the late sixties if my Mom asked me to go back into McDonalds because they forgot to put the catsup packets in the bag I just couldn't go up to the counter to do it.  My very outgoing younger brother would then do it instead.