Honored Contributor

Re: Crystals: Placebo Effect or More Than That?

Sounds like a bit of "voodoo."

Honored Contributor

I think if you believe it has magical powers, then it does.

No harm, no foul.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I worked for quite a while for a holistic veterinarian.  She practiced traditional medicine along with holistic veterinary treatments in the practice.  

She was quite a proponent of crystals.  I couldn't really get into the idea of crystals but one thing that she did stress was how the use of color can play into animal health.

If I had not seen this with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it but her thought was that the color pink was a very energy draining color.  We had three kittens from three different owners who came to our hospital for treatment within the span of a few months. The kittens had been fine when two of them were adopted and one came from a breeder.  After a short time in their new homes each kitten showed signs of minor lethargy.   The owners wanted blood work run and nothing showed up as worrisome on the results. Each kitten was wearing a pink collar.  

Since all blood tests were normal and other than the lethargy the kittens appeared to be healthy.  Our veterinarian recommended that the owners remove the pink collars and replace them with a collar of another color.  Here's where it gets strange.

Each owner did remove the collars and within a week or so called us back and were happy to report that the lethargy was gone and their kittens were playful and acting as they did when they were adopted.  Or in other words before the pink collars were placed around their necks.  In two of the kittens the pink collar was replaced with a blue collar and the other kitten was given a purple collar.  

I know this sounds like nonsense and if it had just been one kitten I might have believed that it was just that particular cat.  Maybe the new owners had been playing too hard with it and it was just worn out.  But each kitten had come from a different home environment.  

As I said I didn't believe in all of her holistic ideas but that pink collar scenario has always stayed with me and I've never placed a pink collar on any of my dogs.

Respected Contributor

Not sure about powers unless its inherent properties like magnetism or minute electrical charge under manipulation.

I do Love gem Lore.  Not sure I believe all that either.

You can't get me to drink poison even if you DO put a goat Bezoar in the cup.

Stories about finding a turquoise pendant stone having cracked after a person survived a dangerous situation because the stone protected them.  That's fun.

Color Is more likely to have an effect.  Animals and plants have been using color as prompts since the dinosaur days.

Pink humm,  May be draining  because it is itself diluted.  

Pick a stone that "calls" to you.  you'll be happy with one you like.

I am inclined to think of the gem as a focus point to concentrate on.

Mind over matter.

Or stare at that to block out other destinations during meditation.

I use an aluminum bowl full of water as my focus.

A metronome is very soothing and focusing to me even as i let my mind wander.

I can't take a nap to save my life but  water gazing or listening to the metronome leaves me refreshed after a few minutes.