Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crystal & Mineral Collection

I love these, @wilma. I have always collected rocks. My daugher has labeled bins of different rocks and minerals in my husbands shop and a few in her old bedroom. She left them all when she moved out. 

When my dh's grandmother died, the family had an auction. To get anything you had to get a big box of stuff and you didn't know all that was in the box. Well, her and my husbands granpa had lived in several places in the Northwest and one of those places in Oregon I think she had told me, by a river, they had found a turtle fossil.Well, it looks just like one, sections of the shell and all, not sure what it is. I got it and her collections of shells and rocks in one of my boxes!!!!

I know God was in on that, or she was herself from heaven,. Some of my favorite things I own now were int hat box!. Others didn't find any value in, but I was thrilled beyond words. 

Honored Contributor

@Elri I wrote:

@wilma 

I bet a lot of those kids were sad you had to leave teaching.  When a person loves teaching, like you did, it's a true gift--from the teacher to the student.

I hope your health has improved 🌸

@Elri I 

Yes, my health has improved. Thank you for asking. I had some surgery last year which helped a lot. Staying home during the current pandemic due to my asthma & compromised immune system. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma Enjoyed this.

Here is something my kids have and are going to create.Should be interesting.

20200422_193842.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Love this thread. My family makes fun of me because I like rocks 😆

KJPA
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@wilma Enjoyed this.

Here is something my kids have and are going to create.Should be interesting.

20200422_193842.jpg

@threecees 

Looks like fun! 

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for the great posts... My dad was a jeweler and I was brought up with having the opportunity to experience brilliant gemstones in nature and after cutting... it is a wonderful and interesting hobby... thanks again..everyone be safe and well...