Honored Contributor

Re: Crystal & Mineral Collection

@wilma   Thank you for sharing your collection and especially taking the time to photograph them for us. 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@wilma   Here's the interesting 'formation' from my front yard.  I don't know what it is but I like it Woman Happy

IMG_3059 (400x300).jpg

IMG_3060 (400x300).jpg

@Bird mama 

I agree with @seashellgirl. Amethyst. Very nice piece. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma Very interesting!  I have a big chunk of the green stone you have on the lover right.  Can you please remind me of what it is?  I've had it since before I was a teen and had a large rock collection.  Thanks!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

It might be fluorite if it’s green & looks like the one I posted.    Sometimes the same mineral can be different colors though. 

Honored Contributor

@Elri I wrote:

You taught all those years, I'm impressed by that-- AND your collection. I bet they look gorgeous in a curio.

@Elri I 

I really loved teaching science! It broke my heart to retire early, but I needed to follow doctor’s orders for my health. I still think about those years often. Fortunately, I have lots of photos of my students doing all kinds of cool experiments. Fun to go back and look at those. 

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@wilma  I have a nice piece of amethyst, about the size of a basketball.  It sits on the floor near my fireplace.

The most beautiful and largest geode I've ever seen is a citrine in Jackson Hole WY, It was as tall as I am, fabulous, of course it is my birthstone, wish I could've brought it home. 

@LindaSal 

A piece of amethyst as large as a basketball and a geode as tall as a person. Double Wow! 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@wilma   Here's the interesting 'formation' from my front yard.  I don't know what it is but I like it Woman Happy

IMG_3059 (400x300).jpg

IMG_3060 (400x300).jpg

Lovely specimen Birdie @Bird mama  and I too thought immediately of amethyst... Personally, I can't think of a reason in the world not to have this set in a band so you can wear it as a pinkie ring...  

Woman Very Happy Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma Very interesting!  I have a big chunk of the green stone you have on the lover right.  Can you please remind me of what it is?  I've had it since before I was a teen and had a large rock collection.  Thanks!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

It might be fluorite if it’s green & looks like the one I posted.    Sometimes the same mineral can be different colors though. 

@wilma Thanks!  They're identical, except this one is larger.Smiley Happy

Contributor

@wilma 

I bet a lot of those kids were sad you had to leave teaching.  When a person loves teaching, like you did, it's a true gift--from the teacher to the student.

I hope your health has improved 🌸

Honored Contributor

@wilma  My older sister collected beautiful crystals and rocks when I was growing up. I always loved looking at them! You have a beautiful collection!

Honored Contributor

@wilma  Let me also thank you for posting this. I love things like this and some of your specimens are very interesting and appealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...