Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked Lol, your last line make me literally lol. I hope he never shows up at my door, but I honestly don't think he would. I believe he might be somewhat disabled. He only stands on his front porch to let their tiny little dog out. I've seen them a few times arriving at home, he walks ok, but I believe he might not be able to walk far. 

Y'all are right, I should not have accepted his request, & yes I'm sometimes too nice. The couple times he yelled at me when walking to my car, I ignored him. It's quite a distance away, & I barely heard him. I don't usually even look their way, except when leaving my drive. I will probably delete him from FB in a few days. It's odd that he is just now sending the request, his wife has been on my list for quite awhile. I do Facebook sales, she bought something from me & sent the request at that time, & fyi-I only do porch pick up, so I never deal with anyone. 

Honored Contributor

Hind sight, IMO never accept a friend request from a man unless you know him. You barely know his wife and just because she’s nice doesn’t mean he is. Do you really want this creepy family to know your every move, what your family members look like? 

Esteemed Contributor

I would go with your gut feeing........

Respected Contributor

I live in a 55+ community and the home next door sold last November (I was told) to an elderly woman.  However, all I have ever seen there is a younger man (maybe her son).  He is very unfriendly and way too young to be living there permanently.  I know there is no older woman there.  The whole idea of these communities is to live with people at your stage in life and also to be around people who have had a background check and to feel safe.  I doubt the son or whoever he is has had a background check.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Creepy neighbor

[ Edited ]

@OKPrincess wrote:

Hind sight, IMO never accept a friend request from a man unless you know him. You barely know his wife and just because she’s nice doesn’t mean he is. Do you really want this creepy family to know your every move, what your family members look like? 

I so agree with you.   Actually I've stopped taking all friend requests unless you are family.  I never accept a friend request from a man, unless I  know him WELL IRL.  Not some random creep in my neighborhood.

I would also like to add, I am a member of a closed FB group made up of my neighborhood.   I don't feel the need to "friend" a neighbor.

@TX-starlight

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I live in a 55+ community and the home next door sold last November (I was told) to an elderly woman.  However, all I have ever seen there is a younger man (maybe her son).  He is very unfriendly and way too young to be living there permanently.  I know there is no older woman there.  The whole idea of these communities is to live with people at your stage in life and also to be around people who have had a background check and to feel safe.  I doubt the son or whoever he is has had a background check.  

Just wondering - in a 55+ community, does anyone check to be sure residents are actually 55+?  Or is it the honor system?

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have accepted his friend request on FB......JMO.

Trusted Contributor

It sounds like he may be looking for some extracurricular activities with female neighbors if you get my drift.  I play online games and players friend each other for help with the game. A man sent me a friend request and since he had other friends in the game I figured it was ok. No sooner did I friend him then he sent me a personal message asking all kinds of questions. I unfriended him without a word. No problem since.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Super Contributor

Re: Creepy neighbor

[ Edited ]

Aubegirl, when my kids were young, my mother-in-law lived in a 55+ community in Florida for 1/2 the year.  Whenever we went to visit, she had to register us, giving details about our ages, our relation to her, etc.  That was just for a week's visit.  You should check with your facility.  This sounds fishy.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, we have a weirdo next door to us as well, however now since he has gotten married, he is less weird! He is very very nosey, so we have to be careful not to talk to him much, because he has a tendency to ask way too many questions, and he has even asked questions to our son in law and daughter before......

Before he was married he was very into our lives, always wanting to know what we were doing and very very nosewhere we were going-just y, I always had a bad feeling about him,so I just say Hello and keep going-I do not engage in conversation with him at all.......My husband does, but I have told him to be very careful to what he says to him.....He married a woman that he met over the internet from another country..

I am a firm beliver in listening to my gut about people and circumstances, so when bells were dinging with this guy, I was like ok I will speak and be courteous but that is where I draw the line.....I also think that just because you are neighbors doesn't mean you have to be friends. 

You can be friendly with a Hello, and a Wave and still not be all in their business......I think you did the right thing by unfriending him-he sounds like a real strange one!!!!