Respected Contributor

Anyone have neighbors that creep you out?? I live on a street of only 3 houses facing the street (small rural town). They have lived for 3-4yrs now.  He has always seemed creepy. My carport is on the back side of my house, but I can see his front porch from there. I used to see him standing on the steps yelling/flirting with a neighbor on the next corner, as I would walk to my car. Then awhile back, he yelled at me, as I was walking out to my car. I waved back, but no verbal conversation.  His wife is very friendly & been my FB friend for quite awhile, even tho we don't visit in the yard & such. Last wk he sent a friend request. I accepted (mainly because his wife is friendly). Then a day or later he sent a fb msg in the middle of the night, just saying "hello". Why not send the msg when I accepted his request. Any way, I got a weird, creepy feeling & unfriended him. I told his wife, he might have been hacked since it came as a message request-usually not from friends.  He hasn't sent anything back, so hopefully he won't. I wonder if his wife thinks it's odd that I unfriended him?? Anyone with creepy neighbors?? Am I being paranoid?? 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don’t think that your paranoid. I always say go with your gut!! Better safe than sorry!!

Honored Contributor

I have neighbors on either side of me who've moved in in the past couple of years and I've never even seen them.  I have no windows on the front of my house so I never know what's going on in the 'hood.  One is a single (I assume) man who has a lot of different cars in the driveway with his huge fancy pick-up.  The other is a family with a teen-age boy who I've gotten a glimpse of.  Never have seen parents.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I’m so glad DH is retired now, he traveled a lot and the property owner next to me always gave me the creeps, and the littlest noise in the night would have me wondering what in the heck was that ! I sleep better now.

Super Contributor

We used to have a neighbor that was creepy. When our daughters would come home after school he would stand in his garage naked. On halloween he sat on his porch in his underwear. One time my hubby called the police on him but of course he went inside his house and wouldn't answer the door when the police arrived. Thankfully about 3 yrs ago he moved out of state. When new neighbors would move into the neighborhood we we would warn them about this guy.....to keep their kids away from him.

Honored Contributor

I would have deleted his initial friend request.  If he asked about it, I'd say I hadn't seen it.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't have accepted his friend request.  It's good that you are FB friends with his wife and she seems normal. 

Respected Contributor

I think more people should "listen" to their gut.  It is usually right.

Honored Contributor

Have I ever!!!    A couple years ago, there was a man across the street who used to come out of the house in his skivvies...........and scream and yell at the sky................     EEK.......this is a "family" neighborhood.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I had to go back and re-read your message bc I thought I missed something. The majority states that this man creeps you out. And with good reason! But you decide to accept his Fb friend request bc you’re his wife’s Fb friend and she’s nice. That doesn’t strike you as not a good idea? I’m not judging, honestly, bc I think you are actually too nice and didn’t want to make waves. But, in this case, I wouldn’t even look in his direction. There is nothing tying you to him or his wife, since you are only online friends with her, not close or even overly friendly neighbors. And for heavens sake if he ever shows up at your door DO NOT ANSWER!