Esteemed Contributor

Re: Creases on my face from sleep

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

Sleeping for hours means your body is thirsty.

Everyone should drink 20-32 ounces of water IMMEDIATELY upon waking.

Then drink your coffee/tea.

Once you're hydrated, creases will disappear. 

If I drank that much water first thing in the morning, I would puke.

Super Contributor

Thanks all for the suggestions and laughs😃😃 I forgot to mention I am 63 and I think I have lost fat and collagen in my cheeks!! I try to drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day. I will order some satin pillow cases and give it a shot. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

Some jobs don't let you go potty all day.

If I drank that much water first thing in the morning, I'd never make to work.  I'd be peeing all morning...lol   That's just silly.  You do need 64ozs of water a day but you ca time it, so that it's conventient for you.  I don't care where you work, you  do get breaks and a lunch or dinner break.  So, drink half during the day, get a thermos or insulated cup and sip throughout the day.  When you get home drink the remainder but stop 90minutes before bedtime so that you won't have to get up at night. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

If I drank that much water first thing in the morning, I'd never make to work.  I'd be peeing all morning...lol   That's just silly.  You do need 64ozs of water a day but you ca time it, so that it's conventient for you.  I don't care where you work, you  do get breaks and a lunch or dinner break.  So, drink half during the day, get a thermos or insulated cup and sip throughout the day.  When you get home drink the remainder but stop 90minutes before bedtime so that you won't have to get up at night. 

@chrystaltree

How was the need for '64ozs' determined for everyone reading?

Most anyone will say, for the MINIMUM, 'Half your body weight in ounces', so the need will be different for everyone.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

@chrystaltree

Most anyone will say, for the MINIMUM, 'Half your body weight in ounces', so the need will be different for everyone.

They still say the minimum is 8 8oz glasses of water a day, 640z.  You also get water from fruits and veggies and other drinks.  So if you have the 64oz plus all the other things, you get more than the 64oz.  That will work for everyone, regardless of body weight. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

@chrystaltree

They still say the minimum is 8 8oz glasses of water a day, 640z.  You also get water from fruits and veggies and other drinks.  So if you have the 64oz plus all the other things, you get more than the 64oz.  That will work for everyone, regardless of body weight. 

Another non-number indicator is the color of urine.

Healthy & hydrated should be the color of Straw or Pale Straw. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

Thanks all for the suggestions and laughs😃😃 I forgot to mention I am 63 and I think I have lost fat and collagen in my cheeks!! I try to drink 8 glasses of water throughout the day. I will order some satin pillow cases and give it a shot. 

@Rose429     My face had a "flat" look due to extensive dental work.    I get Voluma..........it's expensive, but worth every cent to me.   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Only the side of my face where I sleep is wrinkled.  Seems like if the wrinkles were from a lack of water both sides would be wrinkled.

Honored Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

Only the side of my face where I sleep is wrinkled.  Seems like if the wrinkles were from a lack of water both sides would be wrinkled.

If you slept on both sides of your face...both sides would be creased.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't choke down 8  8oz glasses of water each day, either.