Honored Contributor

Re: Creases on my face from sleep

@Rose429 wrote:

When I wake up in the morning I have one or two deep creases on my face from sleeping on my side. They take hours to go away!! Embarrassing when it's a work day. Any tips or pointers. I tried sleeping on my back, but by morning I am back on my side. 

This is a problem?? Thank your lucky stars that this is the only issue you have.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

years ago i used to sleep on my face and i gave myself a permanent crease on my face.  somehow i was able to stop sleeping on my face and luckily the crease disappeared never to return.  i even had a man come up to me and ask what happened to my face!  i think that did it and precipitated the change.

Super Contributor

ID2, yes it is a problem to me. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and get asked by co-workers and patients about what happened to my face. They think it is a scar. It lasts about 8 hours now. As to having other or bigger issues, of course I do. Thank you again to all that had suggestions. 

Esteemed Contributor

At my age, I'm just glad that my feet hit the floor and I'm able to get up, creases or not.  (<:

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A silk pillowcase will still cause wrinkles if it's not pulled taut over your pillow and sometimes that's hard to do if it's too big for your pillow.  Most are made to fit a King.  I have tried both silk and satin and both are way overrated,,,silk working better if it fits perfectly.  

Splashing cold water on your face when you wake up helps get rid of creases as does holding a cold compress.   Sometimes my eyelid catches a crease but will quickly go away if I use a cold compress.  

Dr Denese has a product called Photoblur Triple Strength Wrinkle Smoother and will sometimes use that on a really egregious looking crease,,,,I've had this product for a long time and have no idea if she still sells it but use it just for that.  

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 eight hours seems like an inordinate amount of time to retain wrinkles made from a sheet. I get pesky wrinkles whenever I wear certain sunglasses but even they disappear within a hour. Is this something that you've had for a while or is this something that has started occurring recently?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

At my age, I'm just glad that my feet hit the floor and I'm able to get up, creases or not.  (<:

@pattypeep Oh, you are priceless! Love your sense of humor. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Sleep on your back all the time.  I am 78 and have very few facial wrinkles . . . because of my back issues, I always sleep on my back.

Also, don't smoke . . . nothing causes wrinkles earlier in life than that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Get a silk pillowcase.  It works!

@VanSleepy@Rose429 My Mother had me sleep on a silk pillowcase since I was very young. It does make a difference and good on your hair too.

Valued Contributor

Like everyone has said, a silk pillowcase is the answer. I started using one years ago, and never wake up with creases, and I am a side sleeper.