Honored Contributor

Re: Covid vaccine side effects specifically dizziness/vertigo

Me too @SeaMaiden.  Not even a sore arm. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Had 2 shots (Pfizer).  What I did on my own, was drink 64 oz of water before the second shot and had 3 light meals.  My appointment was at 5:15pm.  So get in your 64 oz the day before and maybe it will help you too.  I had no side effects after second shot.  Two other people I told did this and they were fine also.  So glad I got the shot.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

My wife's and my experiences after our 2 Pfizer shots. First one-sore arm. Second one- tired and sleepy the day after. Nothing else.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

I saw a friend at Church a little while ago - and she is going through the same thing ... she had her first shot a couple of days ago.  I don't know which vaccine she got.

She seriously considering not going for the second shot.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet 

After my huge mistake in 2017 of getting flu shot in one arm and pneumonia shot in the other, I got a bad rxn plus other stuff, including vertigo that would not let up.

I believe a pharmacist helped me by letting me know all of the ingredients included in it.

But the COVID vaccine shots supposedly have no preservatives so the worst of mine would not occur.

'Still, it remains to be seen how many I will have and will keep you informed here.

My vertigo was diagnosed as that...the crystals and my doctor seemed unconcerned. However, during that time I was also falling so...who knows?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Me too @SeaMaiden.  Not even a sore arm. 

And?

Aren't you in constant pain (your back or your legs or both)?

I'm not.  So when I have and ache or a pain or a sore arm, there is a reason for it.  

Okay?

Geez

Super Contributor

I got my second shot (Pfizer) on Friday and felt amazing!  Got 6984 more steps on my fitbit then my best day!  Grocery shopping, laundry, housework, lots of running around, I thought I was golden.  Fast forward to 11:30PM Friday night.  103.2 fever, shaking so bad my husband thought I was having seizures.  I was so cold he got every blanket we owned and put them, and his body over mine to try to warm me up.  Truly, one of the top 10 worst nights of my life.  I tried to let my body fight it but gave in at 3am, taking advil and tylenol intermittently.  Yesterday I did not feel great at all, today I still have a 99.2 (I run 97.4) and my muscles hurt all over.  Strangley, my arm in which I had the shot never hurt.

My son came over today, he has many people under him at work and said that all the women my age all had the same symptoms.  Meh....  I am happy for those who had little to no side effects, trust me, you've been blessed!

Respected Contributor

I just got my first Pfizer shot at noon yesterday. I felt a bit light-headed almost immediately, and for a few hours after. But then it went away. So I wouldn't be surprised if it were related?

Then I just experienced arm soreness, which has mostly gone away as well. I would definitely check with your doctor if you're still having symptoms and are comcerned!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is scary and if indeed a side effect they need to be  upfront about this and tell people.  I for one experienced ear crystal problems once and it is very difficult to get rid of.  Was in the hospital for three days. It takes therapy and time. Who knows how long it will take to clear up if it vaccine related. Not a good thing.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet   You should be concened if it continues for more than one or two days.   I did experience tiredness the next day and ended up take a 2 or 3 hr. nap and then I had difficulty falling asleep that night.  lol  If anyone breaks out in hives or has the chills, I would call the dr. immediately and get over to Immediate Care or the Emergency Room.

kindness is strength