Honored Contributor

First trip I have  made since having both of my shots,,,,I was not worried or nervous like before....and I DID NOT buy more Toliet Paper....they had a lot in stock and no limits.  I have a stock pile at home😄

So thankful for the vaccine for DH and I.  Such a relief! 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I agree - after having both shots I feel more at ease even though I still follow all the Covid protocols.   But I did go to Costco a few times last summer and when I went I would pick up more toilet paper (just in case things got worse again last fall and winter). My adult daughter saw my stash and laughed.  I told her I might share a roll with her if it gets scarce again 😁.  (Just kidding with her)

Honored Contributor

I go to Costco about every two weeks and Sam's Club as well, and to the grocery stores.

I have always done my own shopping.  I have never been nervous and afraid to go out. I just pick a time when the stores are not busy.

When people are nervous and stressed, that is not good for their health.  Stress can cause many problems and lowers your immune system.

The feeling of being safe is probably doing you more good than the vaccine.

Stay healthy while we all muddle through this.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I agree - after having both shots I feel more at ease even though I still follow all the Covid protocols.   But I did go to Costco a few times last summer and when I went I would pick up more toilet paper (just in case things got worse again last fall and winter). My adult daughter saw my stash and laughed.  I told her I might share a roll with her if it gets scarce again 😁.  (Just kidding with her)

@itsmagic  I will protect my "hoard"  of TP with my life😄

Honored Contributor

I usually go to Costco once a month, grocery shopping at least once a week and have been to a flooring store,  furniture stores (getting new living room sofa & chairs!) eye doctor & oral surgeon all recently and never was particularly nervous without having been vaccinated.

However after seeing the oral surgeon & eye doctor once I went home I used my nebulizer with a hydrogen peroxide and saline solution to help keep any viruses at bay.  It also helps with allergies and helps me to breathe better.

Esteemed Contributor

I think DH and I are preparing for end times.  In addition to a ridiculous amount of TP our garage is a bunker, food wise. Six big chrome shelving units stuffed to the max plus a stocked downstairs frig and a new upright 15.5cu ft freezer.  We hit WM at least weekly and now go monthly to Costco(3 hrs away) and frequently use Sams online delivery.

Honored Contributor

@patbz   your post reminded me of the time friends built onto the small home they owned partially to be able to stock up on staples like rice, flour, basic canned goods, cereals, etc.  This was the 60’s and they were expecting a revolution.  As I remember they never used much of their supply.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops :  We are using  it and will use it all.  As we are rural, it is still not unusual to see so many empty shelves at WM, we might as well be in Soviet Russia during 1950s!

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I think DH and I are preparing for end times.  In addition to a ridiculous amount of TP our garage is a bunker, food wise. Six big chrome shelving units stuffed to the max plus a stocked downstairs frig and a new upright 15.5cu ft freezer.  We hit WM at least weekly and now go monthly to Costco(3 hrs away) and frequently use Sams online delivery.

My basement pantry is like this and always stocked.  My DIL who is a minimalist always made fun of my stash.  I told her you you never know when you won't be able to get food.  She always laughed and said there are grocery stores all around us.

I supposed she found out the hard way.  I had no shortage of flour, which was impossible to get. She, along with others shopped in my pantry.

My neighbors were out of flour and almost fainted when I gave them a 10 lb. bag of Gold Medal.

I also have three deep freezers..two chest types and one upright and they are usually packed as well.

We frequently get floods in our area, which makes it impossible to get to the store, but I am always ready.  We always have bottled water and paper supplies in abundance too.  I try to keep everything rotated so it doesn't get outdated.

Respected Contributor

@patbz    I have no idea where you live but I am in a  fairly rural county north of Atlanta  All of the stores here Wlamart, Sam's Club Bj's, Costco and all of the grocery stores are fully stocked and have been for months. 1950's Russia it is not.