Super Contributor

Corky's Thanksgiving~ rest for Chef Ron

Tomorrow we get to try out our all QVC food for Thanksgiving.  I bought the ham, sides, and a turkey as a gift to my husband who was always working catering and working at a restaurant for other people's meals.  This time he gets to sit back  and relax while I just warm it all up! Cross your fingers for us that it's all good and yummy

Respected Contributor

Re: Corky's Thanksgiving~ rest for Chef Ron

Hope you enjoy it!  Happy Thanksgiving!

We had the Corky's turkey before. My husband and son loved it.  I thought it tasted good, but prefer a more plain flavor to barbecue, as that turkey was.  St. Clair side dishes are on our table every year.  We love them.

Honored Contributor

I had the turkey and ham last year and I got it again for Christmas and New Years. We liked it , and I actually warmed the ham in my slow cooker and it was really moist and delicious. I ordered the sides a few years ago and we did not like them at all, but tastes differ and you might enjoy them

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Hope you enjoy it!  Happy Thanksgiving!

We had the Corky's turkey before. My husband and son loved it.  I thought it tasted good, but prefer a more plain flavor to barbecue, as that turkey was.  St. Clair side dishes are on our table every year.  We love them.

@PhilaLady1 3rd year at least for the St. Clair side dishes here.  I skipped one year when one of the 4 dishes was a broccoli dish.  No thanks.  I thought they were pretty pricey this year, but then my daughter sent me a link for a place to get pretty much the same except included the meat and it cost twice what I paid for the 4 sides.  I would probably end up spending that much anyways shopping for ingredients since I don't cook regularly.  And, just the hassle factor.

Skipping the turkey this year.  Gonna do a pork tenderloin.  The pre-cooked turkey breast was $42 while 2 pork tenderloins was $20.  I cook those regularly, so easier for me than actually cooking turkey.

Valued Contributor

So my Mom ordered the Corky's Turkey wrapped with Bacon and stuffed with cranberry & stuffing - will let you know later on Thursday how they were.

Honored Contributor

Hope you enjoy your meal @Helen Bach !  The Corky's restaurants here in Memphis are always busy and I've never had a bad meal.

Super Contributor

@debfau @I ordered the Corky's stuffed Turkey breast, it was delicious and so easy to prepare. I would recommend it to anyone. 

Super Contributor

Everything is now heating up in the oven and it all smells heavenly.  Ron is now watching the Westminster Dog Show before the football and is extremely happy with this whole Corky's idea.  Will report back after eating,, but so far, it's great!