Honored Contributor

Does anyone know how to do this here yet?

Honored Contributor

Re: Copying and Pasting Photos

mousie, it looks to be like the same way from before, right click, copy and paste... and this thing popped up that I clicked allow access.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Thank you, I will try again.  I am so confused, lol, maybe I did something wrong.

Honored Contributor

The cool thing with this new board is that you can post pictures right from your computer (i.e. you no longer have to upload them to a pic host online and then post from there).

Assuming you are not on an iPad (?) - Click on the icon in the little toolbar at the top of the posting box that looks like a mountain with a sun or moon in the right corner.    It's the 9th icon from the left.

From there it's pretty easy.   If you are taking a pic from your computer, just click on browse and it will take you there, then you just choose the folder and then the pic and click on that.  It will bring it here and, at the same, post it into the same posting box you have open.

Does that explain it ok?

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

Thanks, chickenbutt, but I am getting no where.  I clicked on the icon, and  a pop up appears asking what type of album, size, etc., but the "insert image" is blurred so it doesn't work, and I really don't know what I am doing.  I copy a photo from my stash which I got on a public site, and was always able to post them previously, but no luck now.

Honored Contributor

MOUSIE - in order to copy and paste something here, do it the way that you always did it.  For example, I am going to open another window and google images of goats.

Okay, I just found a picture of a goat that has the expression I was wearing when I saw the forums for the first time yesterday.

I am right clicking on that goat pic and selecting 'copy'.

I am now back in this text box and I am holding down the ctrl key on my keyboard and hitting the letter V.

Image result for goat

Just so you know, I had experiences with the other forum where for whatever reason, a pic would not copy over - of course I am on the PC at work (OMG).

I've posted a few bird pics in the nest/fence thread.  There is sometimes a delay.  Now when I get ready to hit the post button I am fully expecting some funky message about HTML.  I ignore it and hit POST anyway.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

LOL re the goat, me too.  

Okay, this is what I have done today as another poster told me about the control key and v letter, though I have never had to do this before.  I dopy, go to the "new Message" as I am trying to start a daily quote thread again, so type in the title, then go down to the message area and right click, and there is no paste option.  I have even clicked on the ninth icon as somesuggested, and no luck.  I will try again, but I have no hope.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Thanks, chickenbutt, but I am getting no where.  I clicked on the icon, and  a pop up appears asking what type of album, size, etc., but the "insert image" is blurred so it doesn't work, and I really don't know what I am doing.  I copy a photo from my stash which I got on a public site, and was always able to post them previously, but no luck now.

I'm going to see what it looks like, and see if I find what you see.

birdies.jpg

Ok, I'm not seeing what you say.  I click on the little picture of the mountains icon.  Then I click on 'Browse'.  That takes me to my computer where I can find and choose an image from there.  

OR, if I choose 'from another site' (like if you are inserting an image from a pic hosting site or something)  it gives me a box to insert the URL of the image and then I can enter it through that way.

The 'load image' word is not going to 'light up' until you input a URL into the box above it.   The easiest I'm finding is to just punch in pictures directly from my computer.  I think that's one of the coolest new things they have on this new board that we couldn't do before. 

I hope that helps more

Honored Contributor

IT WORKED, THANK YOU!  I now have a daily quote thread, in among Friends, please stop by.