Honored Contributor

Re: Copying and Pasting Photos

Hey Mousiegirl!

Does it make a difference if you choose a smaller size on that same page where you're uploading and saving the photo?   There are choices on it like 'full size', 'small', 'medium', 'large', and if there was something else I cannot remember what it was.  Just look at the fields right below where the picture is loading and there is a pull-down field that allows you to make the choice of size.

It's kind of good that they do that, though.  The board used to be fraught with ginormous pics that would blow up the page.  

Anyway, they will size it down for you.  If it's so massive that they cannot size it down appropriately then you'll need to use your own photo editing software to size it down.  If you don't have any photo editing software, there are a lot of free ones available.

I wish I could help with that.  I love editing photos - cleaning them up and re-sizing them.   It's a weird hobby, no? hehe  I mostly just use Adobe Photoshop Elements (I think I have like 3 versions), as I'm not a pro.   It's not free, though, and not terribly inexpensive.   

One freebe that was always fine for basic stuff was Picasa.  You just download and install it to your computer and you can take your pics to it and do all the editing you need for amateur editing.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Sisters1.jpg

Trusted Contributor

my goodness, I was just looking for my pictures.  Only found a few.  This one was taken several years ago.  My youngest sister is on the left, I'm in the middle and my twin is on the right.  As you can see somehow I don't look like a twin to either of them.  lol

Honored Contributor

@yock wrote:

my goodness, I was just looking for my pictures.  Only found a few.  This one was taken several years ago.  My youngest sister is on the left, I'm in the middle and my twin is on the right.  As you can see somehow I don't look like a twin to either of them.  lol

You're a doll Yock.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Image result for goatI just c/p from birdmama's post.  Mousiegirl, I feel your pain and wish I could help you out.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes it lets me c&p and sometimes nothing happens.  It's aggravaiting and I don't really understand it.  This pic of Bonnie Hunt is from the web, wikipedia I think.  A different one I tried wouldn't work. 

I might do like Mellie/brownponytail and use a celebrity as my profile pic.  

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~