Honored Contributor

Colleen Lopez is the only HSN host I watch.  I think she's one of the best TV shopping hosts on air today.  She celebrates her 25 year HSN anniversary this August; she and one of the vendors talked about it quite a bit earlier this week. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Connie Craig Carroll

[ Edited ]

I think Colleen is not just the best in the business, she's the best shopping channel host there has ever been.  No one comes close to her.

Trusted Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I think Lynn and Connie are sisters.  They seemed to take over the shows that Dan Dennis used to do before he left.

Colleen sure isn't on as much as she used to be.  I've noticed the more "senior" hosts' hours have been cut way back, same with QVC and Mary Beth Roe.

Lynn and Connie are NOT sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

If Connie Carroll is going to JTV, she will fit right in...lots of hair extensions over there. Lots of waay overdone makeup,too.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen Lopez was on CVN but she lost her job when CVN and QVC merged.  She did a radio interview once and talked about how devastated she was about losing that job.

@Nightowlz, I don't think Q is sending hosts to HSN.  I think HSN got rid of the 3hosts they did because they also had too many given the fact that they aren't broadcasting live 24/7 anymore. I honestly think HSN is going to be done as a shopping channel shortly.  Maybe some of the hosts from HSN will be offered a job at Q or maybe they will just all be let go.

I would think Connie would have to wait out a non-compete all the hosts seem to have before she could move to JTV or anywhere else as a host.

Of the two shopping channels, I think HSN is the better one.  That wasn't the case 25-30 years ago though.  Now HSN has better hosts and more variety of products and not so annoying to watch.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t realize that Connie is so young.She really does need to find her next big thing.

Respected Contributor

Apparently, they are calling it "Bloody Friday" over at HSN. They let three of them go at once.  

All of this is probably the result of QVC trying to be on 5 or 6 channels at the same time. 

There is only so much people are going to watch before it becomes too much. 

Trusted Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

If Connie Carroll is going to JTV, she will fit right in...lots of hair extensions over there. Lots of waay overdone makeup,too.

Have you looked at the QVC hosts lately?  Just saying.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Connie is doing her last HSN show now.  She's hinting about "big things to come" on her Facebook page.  If you want to keep abreast, you have "like" her on her HSN page.  She says he definitely is not retiring.  She has children, she has to work.   She's just taking her career in a new direction.  Now I am really curious because they are all saying  "new direction".    

It is what you say when you got canned and are out of work

Honored Contributor

My guesses.

I think Jill left of her own accord. I think she's bored.

Since the recession has ended, home decor is back. Jill could sell this or anything else.  She great with beauty and Philosophy (maybe there's less demand for a philosophy products lately) and Geller, although Geller has some financial issues. She's very versatile and well liked by customers. 

I think HSN doesn't want to pay the high salary Connie currently gets, or because she wanted more money when her contract came up for renewal. HSN, because sales are sluggish, and Connie does not pull in enough money to justify an increase, wouldn't give in to the money Connie wanted. The hosts that have been at HSN for a long time are making more money than the company can afford given the current sales there. The company is better off bringing in cheaper new blood.