Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens in the future with these shopping channels and personnel. I wonder if the queen bee at HSN is getting nervous.

@blackhole99 

Whose the queen bee at HSN? Is it Coleen?

@Nightowlz Of course it's Coleen Lopez, she's been there for years and is very popular, but that doesn't seem to make a difference when it comes down to the money. Everyone is replaceable and I can only imagine what kind of salary and benefits she draws after all these years.

@blackhole99 

Didn't she used to be on CVN years ago?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

It will indeed be interesting to see what happens in the future with these shopping channels and personnel. I wonder if the queen bee at HSN is getting nervous.

@blackhole99 

@Nightowlz Of course it's Coleen Lopez, she's been there for years and is very popular, but that doesn't seem to make a difference when it comes down to the money. Everyone is replaceable and I can only imagine what kind of salary and benefits she draws after all these years.

@blackhole99 

@Nightowlz wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99 

@blackhole99 

Yes, in the late 1980's.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Colleen Lopez was on CVN but she lost her job when CVN and QVC merged.  She did a radio interview once and talked about how devastated she was about losing that job.

@Nightowlz, I don't think Q is sending hosts to HSN.  I think HSN got rid of the 3hosts they did because they also had too many given the fact that they aren't broadcasting live 24/7 anymore. I honestly think HSN is going to be done as a shopping channel shortly.  Maybe some of the hosts from HSN will be offered a job at Q or maybe they will just all be let go.

I would think Connie would have to wait out a non-compete all the hosts seem to have before she could move to JTV or anywhere else as a host.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I used to watch HSN before I started watching QVC back when Technibond jewelry was really special and Suzanne Somers and Colleen had jewelry shows - they had me laughing all the time. 

I haven't watched HSN in a very long time.  I liked Lynn Murphy, (probably because she was Irish and her roots were in Philadelphia) but I think she left long ago.  Is she still with HSN.  If not, does anyone know what she is doing?

There were several hosts including Connie Craig and Coleen that I liked at HSN.

@KathyM23, Lynn Murphy is still on HSN.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Colleen Lopez was on CVN but she lost her job when CVN and QVC merged.  She did a radio interview once and talked about how devastated she was about losing that job.

@Nightowlz, I don't think Q is sending hosts to HSN.  I think HSN got rid of the 3hosts they did because they also had too many given the fact that they aren't broadcasting live 24/7 anymore. I honestly think HSN is going to be done as a shopping channel shortly.  Maybe some of the hosts from HSN will be offered a job at Q or maybe they will just all be let go.

I would think Connie would have to wait out a non-compete all the hosts seem to have before she could move to JTV or anywhere else as a host.

@Lipstickdiva 

I did not know HSN was not life 24/7. I hardly ever watch any of the sale channels. I see what's on when I channel surf.

There's not much on TV so I generally don't turn it on until after DH comes home from work.

Super Contributor

I saw the show when Robin Wall left--no fanfare at all--just saying that it was her las broadcast--her husband came on and her dog--she talked about them many times--I didn't know that her husband had had cancer--she said that wasn't the reason why she was leaving--I personally didn't like her style of selling--but I do wish her well---mjnj

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Thanks for the info.  I will try to catch her show sometime.

Respected Contributor

@danedylan wrote:

I saw the show when Robin Wall left--no fanfare at all--just saying that it was her las broadcast--her husband came on and her dog--she talked about them many times--I didn't know that her husband had had cancer--she said that wasn't the reason why she was leaving--I personally didn't like her style of selling--but I do wish her well---mjnj

Is this the Robin who used to be a jewelry model?  I remember when she would model when Colleen Lopez would be the host.  Also, I thought Robin was married to a producer named Pat.  This I also remember from Colleen mentioning it.

Respected Contributor

I think Lynn and Connie are sisters.  They seemed to take over the shows that Dan Dennis used to do before he left.

Colleen sure isn't on as much as she used to be.  I've noticed the more "senior" hosts' hours have been cut way back, same with QVC and Mary Beth Roe.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

I think Lynn and Connie are sisters.  They seemed to take over the shows that Dan Dennis used to do before he left.

Colleen sure isn't on as much as she used to be.  I've noticed the more "senior" hosts' hours have been cut way back, same with QVC and Mary Beth Roe.

Maybe its because they make the big bucks????

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West