Honored Contributor

Re: Come on Mother Nature...It’s September already

Well, it's the opposite where I am.  September should be in the mid 70's.  The gorgeous fall weather, I look forward to.  We had sun today but the temperatures were in the 50's all day.  They will dip to the 40's tonight.  

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I lived in the midwest and hated that it got so cold so fast. There was no time to really enjoy the summer because it was literally less than 2 months.

Im back in California and love every single day. People can whine all they want but seeing the sunshine makes my day. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@mintedrose wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

I know exactly what you're talking about.

I lived in the midwest and hated that it got so cold so fast. There was no time to really enjoy the summer because it was literally less than 2 months.

Im back in California and love every single day. People can whine all they want but seeing the sunshine makes my day. 

I'm sick of every day being sunny. I would love several days of cool, cloudy, and rainy weather. 

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

When you are sunshine deprived, it really takes a toll on you!  I know people get sick of the heat when its constant and I understand that, but when you hardly get any really nice days, that really wears on your mental and physcial health.  DH and I have said many times that if we were much younger and in better health, etc., we would move.  By the way I just love the little picture in your name!  It's so sweet and makes me smile!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I live in the PNW and even though the long, cloudy, gloomy, rainy days are starting to get to me, what I really miss is being able to see the stars at night.

So often the sky clouds up at night that you can barely see a full moon. I really miss being able to see the starts.