Trusted Contributor

Now that I'm retired, I find myself more drawn to CC, since they offer a lot more casual wear than they did 15 years or so ago, before they went bankrupt.  My only beef with them is their shipping is ridiculously high.  I only buy from them when I can get free or seriously reduced shipping.

Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Seems like things are turning around for Coldwater Creek.  A few years ago they closed most of their brick and mortar stores.  Received their catalog yesterday and there was an insert in it saying they wlll be opening up a store near me soon.  Just went online and they have several new stores opening up.  Glad to see this.

@Travone  Very happy to hear this, love their clothes.

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT : If that all weather coat is the one I'm thinking of, I've been eyeballing that for a long time but it's so pricey. Maybe the price will come down to a nice number as weather warms up around the country.

What color did you get?
Sure hope they open another store here again. I don't order because of shipping $$ which could include a return

Esteemed Contributor

@Sadiesadie, I bought that coat in a light beige color, which will go with everything.  I’ll have it forever.  Yes, full price is expensive.  I bought mine on sale, at the end of a season.  I am a bargain shopper.  I look on the Coldwater Creek website a couple times a week.  The “sales” start off with still high pricing, but they do add merchandise, and sometimes the prices get much more reasonable.  There is no rhyme nor reason to it.  It seems to go up and down.

Last year I wanted to get a couple of dresses, but not spend a fortune.  I kept on watching the site and was able to get very good prices on what I wanted.  It is a chance, because your size might sell out, but the trick is to always watch for sales, particularly online.  I do the same for Talbots.  I don’t buy much from them, but I have gotten some wonderful bargains.

Best of luck to you - hope you can get a bargain.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't bought anything since they got back in business.  I do get their catalogs and go online, but gosh their stuff is so expensive and shipping is, too.  I might cave one of these days.

Honored Contributor

when I was working I ordered all the time... it was hit or miss... I either loved what I got or hated what I got.