Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas music

[ Edited ]

Perry Como, Johnny Mathis, Barbra Streisand, Dean Martin are good enough for me for "Christmas" music.  Perry does a song written by Andrew Lloyd Webber called Chrismas Dream.  Rarely played and as far as I know, no one else has recorded it.  But I love that song! 

Have no knowledge of any of the "current" singers although I did hear Lady Gaga sing and thought she was very good.

Respected Contributor

I listen to everything. But I do prefer the older music.

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas music

[ Edited ]

For me, Christmas music is the hymns such as Oh Holy Night, The First Noel, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, We Three Kings of Orient Are, Silent Night, etc.  For secular music I like very little Christmas music exceptions being Silver Bells and The Christmas Song (Nat King Cole's chestnuts roasting on an open fire.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the older classics whether they be secular songs or religious hymns. There are a few newer songs & hymns I like. My absolute favorite Christmas CDs are Johnny Mathis, Nat King Cole, the Carpenters, and Vince Guaraldi’s jazz soundtrack from “A Charlie Brown Christmas” TV special.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

They started playing Christmas music at the ice rink the week before Thanksgiving. I prefer the older traditional songs, some just instrumental. I actually try to "dance/skate" to the music. Upbeat? Feet move quicker. Slower beat, take longer strides to match the beat.

Then again, I have always preferred music of past decades, to most of the current versions. Too many current versions seem to have at add "their touch", which to me is always a negative. I prefer music "as it was originally written", with no pitch or vocal range changes when being sung(sang)? 

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I like the older stuff better.  I listen to a wide variety, but I much prefer the older ones.  I think these hold up better over the years.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I knew someone who worked there. It's a fact,Jack!

Employees also were NOT permitted to put up decorations in their work area.

Valued Contributor

The Christmas music always makes me cry. After I hear it a little while, I am alright. Yesterday, I cried all the way through Kenny Rogers, "Til the Season Comes Round Again. A very touching song that brings back my memories of my beloved Parents and the wonderful times we shared! Memories are precious!

Esteemed Contributor

All I can say is ...... if I never hear, "Feliz Navidad" ever again, it will be too soon.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@qualitygal   I could listen to John Legend all day.  

@Mombo1   John Legend could sing the phone book to me.