Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas/Holiday Cards

[ Edited ]

Over the years it seems people have stopped sending. Sometimes they say that they are not sending anymore in the last card they send.  Some just stop. Some are no longer with us.

I have only 15 now that I send and get back.  Used to be so many more.  I am just not into sending as much as I used to be, and have been considering not sending any at all. But I still do  Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

i dont really send any out anymore, but i do use the cards to add money or gift cards to as a gift or attach one to a hostess gift when i am invited to a party.

i have received so many christmas/holiday cards this year from various charities that i have no need to buy any. i also donated some of them to a health care facility my daughter works in. they sell them in their small gift/snack shop and the money collected goes to the residents fund......so they get to do some fun things throughout the year without having to pay for them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I have started making our Christmas cards this year. There are still a few purchased boxes of cards left over so I will use those for neighbors and friends and make my family their cards.  I send the cards out around the 8th or 9th of December. Then start on shopping and decorating in a more earnest way.

Honored Contributor

I found some very nice boxes of 12 cards - honestly very nice cards - at the dollar store.So I needed 40 cards - bought 3 boxes and  I had 6 left from last year so I was all set. I have them all ready to drop in the mailbox. I usually wait til Dec 10 to mail them. $18 for stamps and $3 for cards. 

When we were working I used to buy very expensive cards - get them all printed, fancy envelopes etc. Can't afford that anymore, and, honestly , I don't see anyone doing that anymore. Those $1 boxes of cards were selling like hotcakes. I bet they were left overs from last year - who cares.

Esteemed Contributor

I send out Christmas cards every year, mostly just to family and a very close friend, i think 2 were sent back last year, it is kind of depressing when family cannot even send you a card back, but I consider the source and move on.  This year I joined a Christmas group on Facebook, as I like to send cards and receive them, so I am hoping this brings some holiday cheer to our home this year!

Honored Contributor

I'll do very few and only to the very closest people.  I send these hand cut cards from Lovepops.  I love to give beauty.

Image result for love pop cards

Image result for love pop Christmas cards

Respected Contributor

We have a friend who sends us his home made Christmas cards. They are absolutely beautiful he takes different pieces of pictures of Christmas and winter scenes and somehow he matches them up. I show everyone who comes here his cards every year and I don't toss them away. We are amazed how he does this so beautiful, if I could do what he does I would be proud to send these cards out to family and friends.