Respected Contributor

Re: Childhood Food You Still Eat & Love

@KITTY 60 What is Russian Tea ?

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols All three,  up until a few years ago. Now I never know what is safe for me to eay.

Respected Contributor

@Junebug54 Ground baloney salad.A little more lately, using sweet relish, and garlic baloney and miracle whip.

Respected Contributor

Right out of the canWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Pizza and ice cream

Esteemed Contributor

As a kid, I loved fruity sugary candy such as Sweet Tarts, Smarties, etc.  I still love those today although I rarely have them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Thin crust Pizza Hut pizza. My mom and I used to get pizza every Friday. Always thin crust and that is what I still get when I order. 

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@wilma  American cheese! I used to take a cheese and pickle sandwich to school. I still like American cheese, and I know it isn't the best cheese for me, but oh well.

@PA Mom-mom, you reminded me:  I used to love pickle sandwiches!  My mother would can tons of bread and butter pickles every year and I just loved - and miss - her bread and butter pickles!

And, as @wilma  mentioned, I, too, indulge in pickle and American cheese (Cooper's Sharp) sandwiches, of course with a little mayo!Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone remember those ice cream sandwiches they had at the 5&10?  They were square sandwiches made with ice cream cone and stuffed with neopolitan ice cream?

Does anyone know if they sell them nowadays?  Gee, I really miss those 5&10's.Woman Frustrated  When I was a little one, my mother would take me there and let me ride the mechanical pony.  Then we'd have pie!  They'd put this tray thing around me since I was too small for  reaching the counter.  I'd have a piece of custard pie and my mum would have apple pie a la mode.  

Then when we were ready to go, she'd let me pick out a toy - any toy!  Of course, I'd spend an eternity circling the counters, then pick out the smallest toy - weird, for some reason I was always attracted to the tiniest toys!!!

Wish those 5&10's would come back...

Respected Contributor

Sugar Corn Pops cereal and Milk Toast (something my Mom made us). Also the Brown bread with raisins in the can. (It’s hard to find. But I still can get it.)