Honored Contributor

Re: Childhood Food You Still Eat & Love

@chickenbutt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

Hershey Bars.   Both plain and with almonds.   Growing up we lived near Hershey, PA and my favorite thing to do was to tour the chocolate factory.   They always gave you a hershey bar at the end of the tour.  

There used to be a Hershey factory in California, right near where I lived as a very young adult.   It was such a fun tour!   I remember driving past it on the way to work each day and you could smell the chocolate.  The street lamps out front had Hershey kisses on the top.  

I never knew there was a Hershey plant in California.   In Hershey, PA the street lamps were Hershey kisses too.  You could also smell the chocolate as soon as you drove into town.  

In later years they stopped giving the tours of the plant.  I'm not sure if they ever started them up again.  I moved to the West Coast in my late twenties and never went back to the town of Hershey again.

It was between Oakdale and Modesto.   This was in the 70s.   I just looked it up, out of curiosity, and I guess it opened in 1965.  Looks like it closed somewhere in the 2010 decade.   Smiley Sad   That's unfortunate.

I'm glad I got to do the tour and drive by every day on my way to work in Modesto for that time.  Smiley Happy     One of my few good memories.

@chickenbutt 

I had no idea you'd lived in that area.  My sister and her family left the Bay Area decades ago to live in Oakdale.

Now they're hoping to sell their house and get out of the state. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'll go with the corn on the cob.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

~ hot dogs, of course! 🌭

~ corn on the cob... Yummy! 🌽

~ peanut butter sandwiches... no jelly!

~ chocolate chip cookies  🍪

~ my mother made the best hamburgers! 🍔

~ still love cereal with milk!! 🍶