Esteemed Contributor

Re: Childhood Food You Still Eat & Love

@KBEANS wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  How is this served? With what? And is it still around? Is it just whole wheat type bread, or cakeish? I want to try this! 😆 

I've had this a few times as a kid.  Every Saturday supper was beans, usually with hot dogs.  I remember this being tasty, more like a gingerbread texture and had raisins and molasses.  My mother served it warmed with melted butter on it.  Think I'm gonnas look for it when groery shopping!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Peanut butter/dry cheerios/chewing gum/popcorn.   My mother made me "vegetable" sandwiches at home and for my lunchbox consisting of bread, mayo, lettuce, carrots, celery and radishes....still love them today, messy or not, love them!

Esteemed Contributor

Ice cream....especially hot fudge sundaes with some marshmallow on top!!  My dad loved ice cream, so we always had some in the freezer!!   I try not to buy it now because I will eat it!!

Also cream cheese and black olive sandwiches; always so happy to find one in my school lunch!! 

Chicken noddle soup!  Homemade tortillas!!

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This iaps a once a year treat, because it is full of salt, but I find Campbell's chicken noodle soup very comforting. I buy the 25% less salt version, but it is still way too much. I just love the broth.

----------------

Wow - memories!!  Thru my first my pregnancy...that is all I could eat...Campbell's chicken  noodle soup and corn tortillas!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KBEANS   I believe the canned brown bread shown, which is the typical New England brand used, has molasses in it.

Often served on Saturday nights (for some reason, don't know why) with hot dogs--no buns--on a plate, along with a can of Boston brand baked beans.

My mother-in-law-to-be, who herself admitted she was NOT a good cook, served it EVERY Saturday to the point that my fiance and I found excuses to go out to eat on those nights, or would volunteer to cook, instead.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

Every day I see this question,  I want to write red licorice.  But I don't eat it now.  I'd like to though.  Don't want the sugar.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Kraft Mac and Cheese in the box

-     -          --    
Ahhh, a favorite of mine, I'm not sure so much, in actual childhood, but, as a very young adult .

First time out on your own, a definite budget😋

I remember, a guy I dated, casually, making it with hamburger and corn.  He also made sloppy joe sauce,  top it with shredded cheese, bake, 
with biscuits on top. Hamburger  stew, hamburger, with diced potatoes, and assorted fresh veggies, then he stirred in a couple of cans of cream of chicken soup, a

couple cans, of whole milk, and 🥰

I remember him, so well, because, after he married, he and his wife, moved to a small town, opened a "comfort food", kind of restaurant, and did extremely well with it.  I visited a couple of times. 

When they decided to have kids, the restaurant, was too time demanding, and they moved on, but, it was a cool little place! 

Boy, did I ramble and digress 🤨

Honored Contributor

McDonald's french fries!  Still love 'em to this day.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

TastyKakes

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Two products we usually have some form of in our house,

download.jpeg-1.jpg41KSO5WZmoL.jpg

@threecees 

Butterscotch icing?  Have you given any thought to renting out a spare room?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~