Honored Contributor

Childhood Food You Still Eat & Love

The thread posted by @jeanlake about foods we hated as a child but like as adults, got me thinking....

What food that you ate & loved from your childhood, do you still eat & love today? 

Mine is a peanut butter & grape jelly sandwich. Loved it as a kid, and still love it today, although I use honey wheat instead of white bread. I had a PB&J sandwich for lunch today. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Childhood Food You Still Eat & Love

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at Sat, Aug 1, 2020-3.02.06 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Corn on the cobSmiley Happy))) Only fresh & in season. Like NOW!!

Honored Contributor

Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs. I get a craving for this 2-3x a year, and can just eat it straight from the can.
Honored Contributor

I loved French toast. I also loved baked beans. 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop  My oldest grand also eats Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs straight from the can.  I keep a row of the cans in my pantry.  He eats 3 cans back to back as soon as he arrives here from the airport (and a Philly pretzel for desert).

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

-Grilled cheese & Cambell's tomato rice soup.

-Tuna on rye with lettuce, tomato & Hellman's Mayo.

-Raisin bread with cream cheese.

Every once in a while I get nostalgic & have to have one of the above.Usually when I need comfort.I've needed quite a bit lately.😂

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:
Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs. I get a craving for this 2-3x a year, and can just eat it straight from the can.

LOL ME TOO! I love it. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I do love it. Last year I bought a case in BJs it was called old school Chef  Boy Ardee. It was in a yellow can. It was the original recipe and it tasted so much better than today's. I said to my husband, "Now I remember why I loved this." I've never seen that again. Did  you happen to get it? When we come home from vacation I serve that for dinner because I can never get the courage or strength up to cook when I return. 😝 

Honored Contributor

I love cottage cheese!  Loved it as a child, thought the smaller containers (at that time) were single servings!

Fresh green beans

Vanilla ice cream popsicle with chocolate covering.

Honored Contributor

We really didn't get good stuff to eat as kids but the mention of ice cream bars reminded me of one thing that used to be an 'ice cream truck' item and, IIRC, they were also sold in stores (Popsicle brand) - The Sidewalk Sundae ice cream bar.    That was, by far, my all time favorite.