Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

The one Burger King has been offering for decades. 

It's not the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

Popeyes is the best to me. I haven’t been to Wendy’s in years and, when I go to Chik-fil-A, I get the wrap because I love their avocado ranch dressing.

I do still like the original chicken from Burger King. Get infrequently and, yes, it’s usually a little dry. But there’s something about the seasoning and just the consistency from years ago. Ditto the McChicken from McDonalds. It will never be the “best”, but I probably get that one the most. It’s like mom’s home cooking - it may not be the best, but it’s home.

Respected Contributor

We very seldom eat fast food, but when we did KFC was best.  Popeye's was ok, Chick Fil A tastes awful, isn't even in the running.

Regular Contributor

I loved the homestyle chicken sandwich from Wendy's. We went there a few weeks ago as I was craving one. Found it had been discontinued!  The new chicken classic was not even close.....so disappointed!

Honored Contributor

I liked the chicken on a bun served in our high school cafeteria long ago.   

As an adult, I am just not drawn to a chicken sandwich, or even chicken biscuit, period.   I will choose a hamburger or hot dog first.   

I bought a Chick-Fil-A regular chicken sandwich thru a work fundraiser about 10 years ago, and had a bad intestinal reaction to the oil it was cooked in.  NEVER AGAIN!    About 2 years ago I tried their grilled chicken sandwich; it was tasty and went okay, but no desire to eat any more of them.  I have eaten 1 Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich in my lifetime.   

Super Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

We very seldom eat fast food, but when we did KFC was best.  Popeye's was ok, Chick Fil A tastes awful, isn't even in the running.

I'm with you about Chick Fil A.  I said in a previous post I took one bite and couldn't eat the rest.  Had some weird nasty flavor seasoning that I couldn't put my finger on.

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

Burger King ORIGINAL Chicken Sandwich. They have more than one chicken sandwich on their menu. I don't order with lettuce on it. I don't like cold lettuce on hot sandwiches. 

Honored Contributor

KFC had one I liked.

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

I'm with you about Chick Fil A.  I said in a previous post I took one bite and couldn't eat the rest.  Had some weird nasty flavor seasoning that I couldn't put my finger on.

Yep, it was so aweful it makes you wonder what they put in the chicken. If that is really what it is.

Respected Contributor

I love fried chicken, but it does not love me, so I avoid fried chicken sandwiches.  

If I have a chicken sandwich, I do the grilled.  But I rarely eat fast food, only if I have to.

Our Chic-fil-a is always absolutely full of cars, the line wraps around the building.  I may try one there someday if I can get near them!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward