Honored Contributor

I think dh and I are the only ones in the country that don't like Chic Fil A.

We have stopped several times when traveling and we did not think the food was that great and the place was packed it...it was not a great experience.

Only choices near me are Wendys and McDonalds....I have not had either one.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

Chic Fil A fries their chicken in Peanut Oil! My daughter had to ask becuase our grandson is allergic to peanuts, so he can't ever eat there.

That may be the "seasoning" you are referring to, it also gives my hubby a stomach ache, so we rarely eat there. I am not big on chicken sandwiches, but Popeyes is ok, but way too big for me...

I do like Chic Fil A's Chicken nuggets better than the actual sandwich! Their soup is good as well as their new side, Macaroni and Cheese....

Frequent Contributor

The war in my humble opinion is won by Popeyes! Love the sides. Best Cole Slaw around.

The new Fish sandwich is a winner too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

The "ridiculous lines" at Chick-fil-A shows you how good it is, LOL!

@KingstonsMom , maybe but around here people will an hour at the drive-thru and create havoc in the parking lot and on the highway shoulder waiting to place their orders.  As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing that good that warrants that long of a wait.  I won't even wait that long in a real restaurant for a table so it's not even an option for fast food!

@CelticCrafter 

I have seen wait lines so long they back up to the Interstate which is 1/4 mile and yet, I was through the line in 10-15 minutes because they have so minute order-takers and the kitchen is so fast.

Super Contributor

I happened to try the NEW McDonalds chicken sandwich yesterday and I was unimpressed. The pickles stuck to the top of bun. there was no sauce of any kind. the chicken also  stuck to the bottom of the bun. And the bun was mushy on bottom. the chicken was tough, dried out. very disappointed. last summer i did have KFC chicken sliders with their 5 dollar meal. delicious. sauce, chicken, bun everything. don't know if they still have it.  

Honored Contributor

@tarytoo wrote:

I happened to try the NEW McDonalds chicken sandwich yesterday and I was unimpressed. The pickles stuck to the top of bun. there was no sauce of any kind. the chicken also  stuck to the bottom of the bun. And the bun was mushy on bottom. the chicken was tough, dried out. very disappointed. last summer i did have KFC chicken sliders with their 5 dollar meal. delicious. sauce, chicken, bun everything. don't know if they still have it.  

the plain chicken sandwich just has butter......if you want sauce you have to order the spicy version or the deluxe version.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/crispy-chicken-sandwiches.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Chic Fil A fries their chicken in Peanut Oil! My daughter had to ask becuase our grandson is allergic to peanuts, so he can't ever eat there.

That may be the "seasoning" you are referring to, it also gives my hubby a stomach ache, so we rarely eat there. I am not big on chicken sandwiches, but Popeyes is ok, but way too big for me...

I do like Chic Fil A's Chicken nuggets better than the actual sandwich! Their soup is good as well as their new side, Macaroni and Cheese....

Same with me.  I've never gone there and my husband is also banned from eating there.

My friend keeps telling me that they use "refined peanut oil" and since the proteins are allegedly removed from the oil it is safe, but I won't ever try them. Not worth it.

Regular Contributor

I donot know what area or state the people who donot like chick-filet. But here in Southampton, Pa. they have the best  chicken sandwich I have ever had; I have tried Popeye's and I thought that was terrible. The chicken was a patty nothing what you see in their advertisements. Chick-filet has a nice thick piece of chicken breast with very little breading.  The best.

Honored Contributor

I love Chick-Fil-A original fried sandwich!  I love biting into a big juicy crispy slab of real chicken--no composed patties or anything else.  It is just big juicy white meat chicken.  

I don't have them often, but I love them.  Grilled are ok when I'm being good, but I have to have an original occasionally.

And ONE peach shake every year!  Woman Embarassed

Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter  Boy,you hit a nerve with  my husband.There is one by the entrance to the freeway by my house. One lane is blocked for the drive thru,another is stopped by people trying to get into their parking lot  or the Walmart behind them.The only lane left is one to enter the freeway. Add a police officer to the mix and you have chaos. My husband grumbles every time we go by.

I was trapped in a drive thru lane crowd entering a shopping center. There was no where to go since the whole entrance was in line for them. It took me 10 minutes to get away!