Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

Chick Fil A all the way.   We have three full size locations, one small on one of the college campus'.  Also, one limited menu as well here in downtown area where I work.  They close at 2:00 each day.  So far I have been strong but when I want a sandwich nothing else compares.  Popeye's is very good and bigger but it does not hold a candle to C. Fil A

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I stand with camp Chik-Fil-A. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

In this house we say that everyone has jumped on the chicken, pickle, mayo sandwich bandwagon.

The only one we have had is from Popeye's and it's so good! 

Chick-fil-a, we aren't waiting in the ridiculous lines to try it.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

The "ridiculous lines" at Chick-fil-A shows you how good it is, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I had a Chick Fil A grilled chicken once.  I took one bite and gave it to my dog.  Had a really weird seasoning on it I didn't like.  Actually, I have so much chicken at home, I never order it when I'm out.

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

While I like Chick Fil A, I've always thought they were overrated.  I've never had the Popeyes but it just looks 10 times better to me.  Years ago (20 - 25), Dairy Queen had a chicken sandwich (maybe they still do) that looked a lot like the Popeye's sandwich of today.  It was soooooo good.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

The "ridiculous lines" at Chick-fil-A shows you how good it is, LOL!

@KingstonsMom , maybe but around here people will an hour at the drive-thru and create havoc in the parking lot and on the highway shoulder waiting to place their orders.  As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing that good that warrants that long of a wait.  I won't even wait that long in a real restaurant for a table so it's not even an option for fast food!

Honored Contributor

IMO a big, thick, heavily breaded chunk of chicken is not suited to be served as a sandwich.  It's hard to tear off a bite and the bun falls apart.  My least favorite fast-food speciality. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter  I'm with you as to not waiting in line for something.  Especially the latest fast food craze.

Unless it is a life saving medicine for one of my kids/family member I don't do lines. Period.

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken sandwich wars

[ Edited ]

It is kinda nice at my old age of 59 to hear Chik Fil A referred to as the latest fast food craze.  They came to our city in 1975.  Long time ago.   All our locations have three lines for drive thru for faster service.  I have never sat longer from start to finish in one for more than 15 min.  After the snow Ice a few weeks back I did sit for 35 minutes in a Raising Cane drive thru for their "The Box."  When it first opened here about 7 years ago the Police were directing traffic every night for the first several months in front of the restaurant.  So busy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."