Honored Contributor

Re: Cheerleaders needed, please - stepping out of my zone.

@house_cat  yea that is weird that none of them knit/crochet. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I certainly thought so! The host makes jewelry boxes, using bits and pieces of costume jewelry as embellishments. One of the ladies is a photographer, and the other says she knits sometimes, but can only knit one stitch so she only makes scarves.  I'm assuming that it morphed over a period of years and perhaps was a knit/crochet group originally.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would look for you!!!  Sometimes when nervous, I might talk, and if you're a great listener, that would help.  Could be good for both us.                    

In time, we'd get to know each other, and the positions could change.  You could share with me and talk, and I could listen.

Give it a try..it'll be fine.  It's the PRE before the actual event,  I experience that too, I bet a lot of new people will be in the same boat as you.  Tone your fear down about 50% and when you leave the get-together for the day, you'll probably ask yourself, "what was I nervous about?"

Have fun.  They all want to be with others, it's to sew, not judge.

Later:  Glad you went, see how much people want to meet with others?  Keep going and widen your group of friends.  I want to too.

Respected Contributor

Just be you and you will be surprised. 

Respected Contributor

@house_cat  

". . . Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that says:

‘Make me feel important.’

Not only will you succeed . . . you will succeed in life.”

Honored Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

@house_cat  

". . . Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around their neck that says:

‘Make me feel important.’

Not only will you succeed . . . you will succeed in life.”

Great advice!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat   What was your reaction when you found out this knit and crochet group doesn't knit and crochet?

How was it brought up?

I'm afraid I would bust up laughing and not be able to stop myself (think Chuckles the Clown funeral episode).

The jewelry project sounds neat.  I've seen people make beautiful pictures using broken pieces of jewelry at art shows before.  I'd love to try something like that!

Honored Contributor

Calling All Cheerleaders! – Cat Scouts

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Cheerleader Cat Costumes Funny Cosplay Suit for Pets Cat Clothes Clothing  ropa para gatos S XL|Cat Clothing| - AliExpress

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Adorable Animal Cheerleaders | Christmas animals, Cute animals, Pet holiday