Honored Contributor

Re: Cheerleaders needed, please - stepping out of my zone.

@house_cat   I feel your pain, I am also shy, and going alone, oh my!

It sounds like the hostess is kind, and is looking forward to meeting you......so you should feel very welcome at her home.  

Have a good time...let us know how it went. 

Honored Contributor

This group will be looking forward to meeting you.

They will want to make a good impression so that you will like them and join them in future.

They'll have lots of questions about CA and your life there and they will find you delightful, we do.

Esteemed Contributor

Go and have a good time!

Honored Contributor

Another shy person checking in. I love your posts, and I'll bet you'll be fine, however remember most people like to talk about themselves, so ask questions . Ask what they like about the area, their grandchildren, hobbies etc.  Before long you will find folks you have things in common with, and I'm sure you'll charm them as you have all of us here. 🌺🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

I think you will win them over.  Moving across the country took a lot of strength and if you speak as well as you write you are in.  I always enjoy reading your posts. Good luck and have fun!

Honored Contributor

I'm 100% certain you would enjoy attending. Please go and see what happens. If you decide not to return, you can honestly say you're looking into other activities to pursue.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  You will be just fine.  Remember that they want you to like them just as much as you want them to like you.

I am also an introvert and am very happy with my own company.  Over the years, I have been a presenter for various organizations, and when I first started, I was extremely nervous.  I emulated a woman who I did not care for, but I was always impressed by how she carried herself in situations.  It really did wonders for me.  

When you get to the meeting, introduce yourself, do not worry if you cannot remember names, but push yourself to take an active interest in conversations.  You will be amazed as to how good you will feel at the end of the meeting.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Your feedback has really helped.  I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to it much more than I was before I started this post.  I will attend and I will let you know how it went.

Thank you so much.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Go and have a good time.

Finding a group that shares one of your interests is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat 

I too am shy, and don’t like big groups.  Yet, I’ve presented at groups of 500, lead search and rescue groups, and taught in other countries.

Truthfully, the way I deal with being shy is to pretend I’m not!

It may sound odd, but it works for me.

I hope you have a great time!

💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras