Honored Contributor

My husband's Medicare kicked in yesterday and we've been busy with dr appointments and before that busy with my mother's dog. We have another appointment in Tyler today. It's going to be a Charlotte Tilbury day. Eyes... Oyster Pearl, bronzer, highlighter. I'm trying a sample of the Urban Decay Hydromaniac foundation.  I bought it a few years ago and returned it. I don't remember why I didn't like it. I thought I'd give it another try.  

We totally detailed my car yesterday after the doctor's appointment. What a chore. DH has been driving my car mostly for the last 3 years and between two knee surgeries and a heart attack, my car was a mess. I'm pooped! I don't know how you working ladies do it and then come home and take care of your home and family. Kudos to you all!  Later ladies 🤪

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Checking in, it's been busy

It sounds like a busy day! And when people think of retirement, they don't realize how busy retired folks get! I'm glad all is well with you. Love your makeup lineup....sounds so pretty! 💖

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Effie54  

Just sat down to put on my face. I've also lost one of my favorite earrings. I was hoping to find it in the car but didn't. Amazon doesn't sell it anymore. They do sell it in a silver Style but I wear this pair of bronze earrings with a couple of animal print shirts. So sad.  I've checked my purse and nightstand in between nightstand and bed (siigh).  I sure hope Medicare age isn't weekly doctor appointments much less 3 in a week! Oh, I also finally organized my makeup cart. It had gotten untidy! Untidy describes my life right now LOL. I'm working on it 🙃😳

Valued Contributor

Hi @monicakm, hopefully your missing earring will turn up.  Sometimes I find mine mixed in or stuck on a shirt. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  Your makeup look sounds pretty- like a glowing goddess Smiley HappyHeart! I hope that you find your earring- I remember I lost a pendant and it took me about 10 years to find it tucked into some lingerie at the bottom of my lingerie drawer.  Good for you for organizing your makeup cart! My XL 80's reissue lavender and teal Caboodle case is organized now, but it took me over an hour- its so easy to just throw things into mine without thinking.  That Caboodle carries everything! 

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm, So glad to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. LOVE Charlotte Tilbury. Have been using Hourglass primer. Splurged purchased larger bottle. Has hus officially retired.?Don't overdue!! Can't find face cleanser that I like has well as Tatcha deep cleanse. Can you rec. Face combo, fair  cool. Fortunately just a few wriikles on forehead. GOOD OLE IRISH SKIN!!    LOL.  Tried to find THE ORDINARY serum foundation. for you. Several places in other countries have but none in good old USA!! I also LOVED this light found. Anything comparable?. Know I am think ing of you. We are still looking for a house in S.C. After living in South for so long cannot get accustomed to being in R.I. We'll finf. Have no sense of direction. Where is TYLER?  Always, SLIGO

Honored Contributor

Thank you @SportyShorty07 

My daughter had one of those Caboodles.  She may still have it, she doesn't throw anything away (who raised her!?).  My makeup was mostly organized.  It took less than 10 minutes to get everything where it belonged.  

I'm ready to go.  I went to bed at 8 last night Smiley Surprised and woke up at 6.  Who am I?  Waiting on my husband.   

With the dexterity problem with my hands, I can think I picked something up and didn't.  I might have thought I picked up both earrings and put them where they belonged but only had one in my hand.  I'm fairly certain it will show up but I hope it's not TEN years from now Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I retired after 41 years of work and it was time.  My job working with troubled youngsters and their families , going to court with negligent parents, counseling and being overwhelmed with cases in an urban school system was overwhelming to say the least. I looked toward retirement .  I enjoy not having a schedule, doing what I choose to do and not having stress daily.  I always took my work home with me emotionally and mentally and now I just am proud of my accomplishments and have for the most part a clear head!!!!  In a way, monicakm, being busy is a good thing depending on what you are busy at. Our number on priority is good health and peace of mind.  I wish you both.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Caboodles are so great- I love them and they're so much better than when I'd throw all of my makeup into a grocery bag and throw it ona  table to do my makeup Smiley Very Happy.  If it only takes you 10 minutes to organize your makeup cart, then I wish I could be that organized Smiley Wink.  Oooh you went to bed early last night- aren't you a night owl with your youtube beauty/makeup videos? I bet that was a good night's sleep.  I think that your earring will definitely show up!

My pendant is a small pearl/ruby 14k gold flower and it is a gift from my childhood crush: he saved up some of his allowance to get it for me when I was 10.  Nothing ever happened with that crush- we were shy around eachother and always had fun playing outside when I'd visit him.  I would send him watercolor paintings and things I made out of clay in the mail.  My crush  moved away once middle school ended and we lost touch, but the pendant always meant a lot to me.  It was a thrill to find the pendant in my lingerie drawer  since I lost it when I was 22 and found it when I was 32 three years ago.  I'm thinking good thoughts for you finding that earring! Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC Religious Reference