Respected Contributor

Re: Charge for Cancellation of Hair Appointment

If I were charged for a missed appointment, anytime after that if the hairdresser was 30 or more late getting to me, I would deduct it from whatever she charges.Woman LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Here is my thought on this.  Something prompted them to do this... perhaps lots of no shows.  However you are a good customer and have good intentions.  I believe they should give you some slack on this one.  Everyone has a bad day or a sick day or have situations that pop up.  

Did you ask them if it applied to you, a good customer who would  never just NOT SHOW UP.  

And if you want to stay with them perhaps you could just show up without an appointment.  

I have abandoned the BEAUTY SHOP long ago.  I walk into walk in places like Walmart or a barber shop... both of us at the same time.  I like the "no appointment necessary" signs.  And frankly I get just as good a cut paying big salon bills.  I never style, just cut and go home and do my thing.  

Honored Contributor

My salon has a sign posted that there is a $25 charge for canceled appointments less than 24 hours in advance.  The owner told me she does not charge anyone the first time this happens.  She does not charge if the time slot is re-booked.  It is really there for the chronic no shows.

Super Contributor

If I got sick the morning of my hair appointment of course I would need to cancel....Not my problem if they can't fill the spot and why should I pay anyway... Sick is sick and you can't plan on it...  I got really sick over a winter weekend several years ago and had an early eye dr, appointent that Monday morning.  Called the office as soon as they openend and when they heard my voice I was told not to come in.  Was never charged for that time.  We should not have to pay the hairdressers salalry if we really can't come in... My hairdresser called out sick the morning of my hair appointment and got some one else.. Lucky for me the hair cut was great and better than my girll... Sorry I could not keep her...

Respected Contributor

Just about every office I go to has a cancellation fee for less than 24 hour notice.  Whether they charge it or not is up to their discretion. 

We had a family emergency and I needed to cancel quickly.  I was not charged.

Super Contributor

How do they get your credit card info to charge you that? If I weren't going back, I certainly would not pay $100 for nothing.... I'm confused on how they collect these late fees.

Super Contributor

Exactly, how are they collecting? Unless you have to pay the fee at your next scheduled appointment and you are so embarrassed you just pay it?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The place I left (because they charged for missed appointments) would actually make you pay before they would book your next appointment. If you wanted to continue being a customer there, you couldn't re-book until you paid that fee.  Which was kind of sad for the girl I left behind, who was fairly new, just building her clientele. She didn't have clients to spare, and unfortunately, her employer destroyed a great customer relationship for her and I am one who lays out a lot of money for my hair every month, PLUS I'm a generous tipper. If it hadn't been for that rude, snooty receptionist, I would have been a long, steady customer for her.

Honored Contributor

have never had a fee tacked on for cancelation of appoint.

What I did get this morn was from my dentist.

If we have reschedule or change an appointment there will be a $50.00 fee.

This took me by surprise. The dental office must be having problems with a lot of changing appointments.

The statement went on say, the appointment is made please keep this appointment.

Honored Contributor

Find a new stylist. If you have been using them for 13 years and have not made a habit of being a no-show or cancellung at the last minute, I would  not expect to be charged a fee.....but ask about it before saying bye-bye!