Respected Contributor

Re: Change of season food favorites

We have had rain and wind  off and on all week. 53 now 60 degrees tops, but will get to 80 next week. I pulled out the Crock Pot and made Italian Beef today on French Bread. The Crockpot seems to mean colder to me.  Chili and stews.I look for Apple items and  Apple flavors then Pumpkin flavors. The Pumpkin Coffee  Creamers are advertised and I had a difficult time finding it as  already popular. I found Pumpkin Carmels and Pumpkin wafer cookies today. I like Chai tea and spice teas again when chilly. Pears, Apples and Plums are replacing strawberries,raspberries and blueberries.

Honored Contributor

I love the sweet carb foods, like I have to bulk up for playing football.  So I bake, someone else can eat it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

No I don't eat food according to the seasonal changes---I eat every kind all year round--of course, each season has its own veg/fruit that is good but I eat whatever strikes my fancy when ever I want--had a big turkey dinner in May just because it sounded good--if I could find good watermelon in Dec--I would eat that too. Prices/availablity dictate what I eat more than the seasons.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

For me it's meatloaf.   Made one this week.   It also tastes delicious the next day.   A few other comfort foods for me would be mac and cheese and chili.