Honored Contributor

Re: Chances of getting the Flu at my Dr.'s appointment

You can order an A1C test from Amazon. My doctor has a patient portal where I leave her my results. 

Personally, I would not go to a clinic and be exposed. I would wait. Good luck with everything @Serena Sue.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad this post was started.  My 89 year old father has a routine exam scheduled in a couple of weeks.  I'm going to call tomorrow and reschedule it.  I don't want him to get the flu.  I have to take him, and I don't want to get it either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I had surgery on Monday and had no choice. Had to go. Thought of wearing a mask but didn’t. Everything went well thankfully and no flu. Now I am staying home until my follow up appointment on February 12. I will wear a mask.

Honored Contributor

I understand the concerns but the more you isolate yourself the more likely you will be to catch something

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear you’re sick, @dulwich - at a time when you must have a lot going on. 

I was looking to buy a mask from Amazon as I have a routine dr appt in February. I have not been in super-avoidance mode, but if I do go to that appt I’ll wear a mask. I need to look it up (appt was made 6 months ago) and if it’s at the beginning of the month I may cancel. If it’s toward the end of the month I’ll go.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have caught the flu at the the doctors office several years ago.

I now do not touch anything, that is put there for patients to read or looks at while waiting, books, newspapers, try to keep my hands off chair handles which is hard. I also try to keep my hands away from my eyes, face, mouth. 

When i leave i make sure i use a saniwipe immediately and when i do get home. I wash my hands immediately and even go so far as to change my clothes.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that the best masks are the pleated medical type that state something like: blocks 99% of airborne bacteria/germs.  Or something similar.  I have an old box (a few left) in my car.  I plan to buy another box at Walgreens next week.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

A friend's doc (private practice) hands out masks as soon as the patient walks in.  Doc, nurses, office all wear masks.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I would reschedule if possible..

Respected Contributor

I have a routine checkup & blood work done every 6 months & my appt for Jan 30th was cancelled by my Dr. last week, she doesn't want anyone coming to the office that doesn't need to...I think it's a smart decision.