Honored Contributor

My closest family members, Mom and Dad had their bodies donated to a teaching hospital. We got the ashes back and put them in the bay/ocean in front of the house they lived in for 50 years. Their favorite place.

Trusted Contributor

@In-x-sI just use the simple green and it seens to last

Honored Contributor

Our family is a protected church cemetary with four solders from the Civil War.  This cemetary is beautifully kept.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Our family is a protected church cemetary with four solders from the Civil War.  This cemetary is beautifully kept.

@ECBG   Your post just reminded me that my Grandparents are buried in the cemetery with a number of Revolutionary War soldiers. 

And along with Whitney Houston. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Whitney!  Now that's interesting!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ Whitney!  Now that's interesting!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I was also surprised. It seems her Dad is buried there and now her daughter. 

Esteemed Contributor

In one cemetery, I used to go and plant flowers bringing my mother there with me. When my mother passed, I haven't. I'm just afraid of someone sneaking up from behind me while I'm down on the ground planting, so I won't go there alone.  At first I used to think I was being foolish by being afraid by myself.  A coupls of years ago, there's been attacks, bodies, killings there; the PD came down bigtime there - it's in a decent area of the city - and seems to have stopped.  I still don't want to plant flowers there alone, though.

Across the street up on a hill is a huge mausoleum - and there's always someone there.  Though my parents, son are buried there, I seldom go:  I figure (know) they are really around me, not where their earthly bodies are vaulted - plus, I find it really sad to go there.  And, no plants - real or unreal - are allowed; my Dad does have a Navy symbol on his drawer - that's only decorations allowed. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
This may sound strange to some people. I have always loved cemeteries. I guess it's like a part of history to me. I read the head stones and wonder about their lives. Why some passed so early? Others lived so long. I just have always been drawn to them. My children like them too. My parents took us to cemeteries all the time when I was growing up. They also liked it. Does anybody else do this?
Trusted Contributor

Really?  I've never thought to go to a cemetary just for the hell of it.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
This may sound strange to some people. I have always loved cemeteries. I guess it's like a part of history to me. I read the head stones and wonder about their lives. Why some passed so early? Others lived so long. I just have always been drawn to them. My children like them too. My parents took us to cemeteries all the time when I was growing up. They also liked it. Does anybody else do this?

@Brisky I also enjoy cemeteries. But the ones I like are the very old ones. From the 1700’s or so. I have family in Massachusetts and they have so many. We also have a lot in the NY NJ area. You really can’t read many of the tombstones as time has taken its toll. But I do enjoy trying to read them.