Trusted Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Celebrity wife? Haven't seen any on TV when young or before I got married at 62. Never had a schematic of what I wanted in my lifetime partner. 

Went along living my life, dating different girls(women) and knew in a short span of time if we be compatible over the long term. Many different types with many outlooks on life. Me? I was more interested in my present life to look very far into my future life.

My mom always saying "you have to save for your future", and me saying "my future to me is right now and maybe tomorrow".  She never changed her view and I have never changed mine.

As life went along and my mother died I continued my life never thinking about who, or if, I would ever marry. Several years after my mom died I met a women that looked at life similarly, or at least she convinced me. At my age of 62 at the time we got married and our lives still focus on the present, not very far down the road.

Successful? Everyone looks at a different barometer and definition of "success", and by mine?

hckynut 🏒

I totally agree with you.  My late hubby and I enjoyed our lives and did not plan too far into the future because the future is always uncertain at best.  I am glad we did that because my soul mate died way too young.

Respected Contributor

Re: Celebrity Husband.

[ Edited ]

J. R. Ewing.

Would've divorced his butt once I was assured of getting a bundle and married Hal (Bryan Cranston) of Malcolm in the Middle.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I was in love with Tony Danza LOL

@sissel   Ooooh!  Temporary wife swap!  Smiley Very Happy  

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid and a teenager I did not want to get married.  But if I had to choose one when I was a kid I would have chose the Lone Ranger.  I was a true tomboy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I never had a crush on any celebrities.  I started to date my husband when I was 15, so I knew what I wanted and found him early on.

Respected Contributor

I had a huge crush on the father on The Waltons.  Rugged, manly, kind, compassionate, loving, etc.  I loved that show!

Honored Contributor
I was never looking for a husband.

Boyfriend:
MacGyver
Thomas Magnum
Respected Contributor

Paul McCartney one of the Beatles for you youngsters Woman Very Happy