Respected Contributor

Re: Celebrate the day,everyday ...

You are one of a kind MaryAnn. So glad I get to read about your life and the heartwarming stories you share with us. Bless you.

Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi

Those Mama’s know you are their angel 😇!

My wonderful Grandmother had cows and goats, she taught me how to milk them.  Living in a farm state, I’ve worked with lots of rescuers for farm animals.  Strange, one of the things you won’t believe they are desperate for is someone to milk the Mamas.  I guess it is becoming a lost art.

I don’t know the story of the friend staying with you, but it sounds as though you have rescued her too. I hope she will get to stay with you and your family.

Bless you for caring about the animals, They have no voice, They have no choice.

Hope you and Mr. Koi continue to do well.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Still keeper of the koi  A beautiful life for a beautiful soul.So wonderful that you share it  with animals and people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still keeper of the koi

Many who reach death's door and are given a 2nd go-around, make what you say in your title a much higher priority. Each day is it's own and tomorrow is guaranteed to no one. Make the changes for the good that you are able, and never think the bad outweighs the good, which is commonly overlooked, in your life. Your days will be happier!

Really like this thread of yours.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Our friends here who share my life,who listen ,who react, change the world by your kindness.  I crept out to the barns about 3 am today,a light snow had fallen,the trees were twinkling with little icy drops.What a beautiful sight I started to tear up.This land has been family land since the 1800s.I wonder if those others who walked this well loved land felt like this?Were their hearts full with its seasonless beauty? Perhaps it is the love filled earth that guides this family?.When I checked the barns they were full of quiet stirring, of rested souls. I sat down and thanked the creator for this perfect sight,for the gift of peaceful sleeping family ,who had yet to greet the day. It shows if we push through the hard times,we find rest, rest that fills the heart,restores the soul,makes everything new and precious....Sending our  friends, a part of my peace,a little bit of my heaven here on earth, love and hugs,MaryAnne