Honored Contributor

Car Shield Commercials

[ Edited ]

They are right up there with Joe Namath and Medicare commercials.....just AWFUL.... and so full of lies. Wonder if people REALLY fall for it?

Trusted Contributor

As the saying goes "There's a sucker born every minute!"  

Trusted Contributor

Horrid commercials...can't stand them - especially the one with Chris Berman and that '''loud''' music !

Honored Contributor

A few of my neighbors w/older out of warranty vehicles have Car Shield & are very happy w/it. 

There are several plans w/different price tiers.  I guess it depends on which plan you get.

"you get what you pay for."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We don't have that commercial. 

NC

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I will take ANY commercial over what we have been seeing the last few months.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

They are right up there with Joe Namath and Medicare commercials.....just AWFUL.... and so full of lies. Wonder if people REALLY fall for it?

@SeaMaiden 

Will have to take your word for it. Said it many times, not sure what forums, that every single tv show I watch, has been recorded onto our DVR. Yes, even all my hockey games. Only see commercials if I so choose, while is very, very seldom.

Watch an hour show, some in 43 minutes, and no annoying commercials or political ads. 

The television companies say at least half of all viewers watch "time shifted" television shows. Me, it is 100% of them. My wife? I know the shows we watched together are all prerecorded onto our DVR.

A big majority of homes with tv sets also have a device for "time shifting" shows. How many choose to do it my way, beats me. One thing you will never see me say here? "Geez, I just hate that, or all these commercials"!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG ...I live in NC and I see that commercial ''all the time'' !!  ugh

Respected Contributor

All I know is my husband has a 2003 Toyota Tocoma truck and he has Car Shield he had work done which was over $600 and Car Shield payed the entire bill.

Respected Contributor

I've never seen the value in extended warranties. I take the monthly premiums for these programs and save it. When I need a repair I can call who I want to do work. I'm not tied to one company.