Trusted Contributor

Capitol Fourth--anyone know who the emcee is on the show tonight?

I tuned in late, so I didn't hear who the emcee is. He looks a little like Tom Arnold, but I don't think that's who it is.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Capibradtol Fourth--anyone know who the emcee is on the show tonight?

Bradley Whitford...used to be on West Wing
Trusted Contributor

Re: Capitol Fourth--anyone know who the emcee is on the show tonight?

I always look forward to a Capitol Fourth. Was a little disappointed this year. Didn't seem to have the same format as in previous years. Did LOVE my Barry Manilow and the Rapisody in Blue . The fellow "trying" to sing Frank Sinatra was pittiful. Had no idea of host. Guess I am just out of the loop this year,

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Shrill Bradley Whitford couldn't  quite carry it off.  Why him?  Guess they couldn't find a real host.  Too bad.  He couldn't  even shake hands with Barry M. without wiping his hand off on his pants afterwards. 

Super Contributor

I agree also.  This show didn't have the same vibe for me.  Did not like the host, found him boring.  He should set the tone for the show and it did.   Boring.  Barry was good, fireworks were good, everything else was forgetabe for me. I usually watch but last night was not very good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it was a truly boring evening.  I miss Gary Sinise hosting.  His love of country and enthusiasm for the Fourth were obvious.  Did I miss the salute to each branch of the military, with their anthems and a show of audience service men standing?  Barry Manilow was ok, but obviously aging. Perhaps they could have found someone else.  The female singer was lovely and obviously talented, but could she not have sung the National Anthem without all the personal trills - after all it was the Fourth of July. Don't remember Hunter's last name, but he wasn't much of an act.  And even Alabama seemed bored and old.  

All in all, a very boring evening. I gave up just as the fireworks started.  I'd seen enough - or maybe I just hadn't seen enough. 

Respected Contributor

i had to turn the channel when i saw KC and the sunshine band. they need to retire.

Honored Contributor

I agree with everyone else - the show was weak this year - I loved Alabama but would have liked if they had a longer fiddle music segment.

Honored Contributor

We couldn't find the fireworks at the Capitol.  The Macy's one was weak too, or we thought so.  It was lacking something.  The one local at Centennial park, Atlanta, well the music wasn't very patriotic.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

It must be getting difficult booking talent for these patriotic shows.  The Memorial Day concert has featued non American