Honored Contributor

Re: Canadian Mother's Hysterical Reaction To Daughter On Ice!

The truth about this is that no one has to struggle on ice.

bacc749a7bf8d83891dd6d43f54ab577.jpg (236×236) I have no idea why anyone living anywhere that it might ever get cold enough to have ice, wouldn't have these. 

Everyone in my family has a pair (got them here when they were called 'get a grips' I believe, and they still had them this year, but were called something else). I keep a pair of shoes with them on permanently during the season, and another pair in the car just in case I am out and about and it gets icy. 

They make it almost impossible to slip in ice. 

They really work, but the 'yack tracks' were horrible and very easy to slip on. 

Esteemed Contributor

thanks for the info, @Mominohio.  Looks like a great idea.  As you know, all,it takes is a second and you are down.  I fell in the summer, going out on my deck in the early am.  there was a patch of water from the watering of a plant the night before.  I was down in a second and broke my left arm.  No surgery needed, but PT after.  I was lucky, as I could have broken my hip.  Never knew breaking a bone was THAT painful.  I am very fussy about the tread in every pair of shoes I wear, so this suggestion is so appreciated.

Super Contributor

The woman sounds like she's tanked!  That girl should not be driving in such icy conditions. Dangerous!

Honored Contributor

We don't know the circumstances from the video and the mother may have told the daughter to wear different shoes or not go out.  If the mother's reaction had been unkind, I think everyone in the video would be acting much differently.  The young lady is in no way annoyed with her mother.

Honored Contributor

All I can see, is someone cackling like a witch ,at someone elses misfortune

I'm sorry , I just don't find it funny in the least