Honored Contributor

Canadian Mother's Hysterical Reaction To Daughter On Ice!

Honored Contributor

Re: Canadian Mother's Hysterical Reaction To Daughter On Ice!

Oh now that is funny! And would be a great ad for the gripper things for your boots/shoes QVC sells here. I wouldn't be without mine, because while this is funny it is dangerous!

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the time our driveway was so icy from an ice storm that we had.  Our trash can was in the middle of the street but I just couldn't walk down the driveway to get it.  So I got into the car and rolled down the driveway to  retrieve it and as soon as I stepped out in the street I fell on the ice.  It can be very dangerous!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Oh now that is funny! And would be a great ad for the gripper things for your boots/shoes QVC sells here. I wouldn't be without mine, because while this is funny it is dangerous!

I have those things now and they work great!

Honored Contributor

I think she sounds and acts just like a hyena. Who would be so cruel as to laugh at someone slipping on ice?

Esteemed Contributor

There is nothing funny about this video or anyone slipping and falling....a couple of winters ago i was cleaning off my car...i fell so hard on my right knee i saw stars...i laid on the ground for a long while...there was no one to help me up....i finally crawled to the car door handle and pulled myself up...and sat on the edge of my car seat for the longest while before i could walk back to my apartment...my knee hasn't been the same since....

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything funny about someone slipping on ice.  Something is wrong with a mother who would laugh at their child being in danger.

Esteemed Contributor

I will admit I didn"t watch this video.  Just could not.

When our son was a teenager, he fell on ice in in our yard.  He was knocked out cold.  My DH was home, and an alert neighbor called him.  I arrive home to see two police cars at our house.  Our son had been carried into our garage,  awaiting an ambulance.  I sat next to the ambulance driver, while the EMT was back with our son.  I cried the whole way to the hospital.  DH followed in our car.  Yes, a concussion, but all turned out well.  Terrible time, as my poor DH's mother died years earlier in a fall in her home.

You can see why I don't think any type of fall is amusing.  

Honored Contributor

Driveways on a slope - as this one, and as my own - can be very difficult in icy conditions. But I wonder why he was managing while she was absolutely hopeless.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think she sounds and acts just like a hyena. Who would be so cruel as to laugh at someone slipping on ice?

I wonder if the woman on ice was exaggerating for comedic effect.  Notice that the man on ice wasn't having nearly as difficult a time.