Honored Contributor

Re: Can you talk to your children

Sure. I'm afraid you are talking to your son about something that doesn't exist to him so he ignores you. Most thermostats click on and off without much noise. 

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 - Could the noises you are hearing be the sound from your house cooling down. During the day the house heats up and at night when the air cools down, there are sounds that go with that.

Where I live it is quite warm during the day and lately the nights have been cool, so once the sun goes down and the air cools, my house makes noise.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you are still going through this. How is your son doing? You told us he needed shoulder surgery and if he has had it, I guess he is focused on his own recuperation and rehabilitation. If he hasn't gone yet I guess his pain prevents him from helping as usual. Please reconsider a continuum of care facility where you can start with independent living. It is clear you cannot handle living on your own anymore.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I wished I lived by you I could come over and see what the problem is.  Maybe just company.

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

I am still in the minority here.OP may hear real noises (frequencies) than only a few will here.

Reguardless if the sounds are real or imagined, the OP is having a hard time living alone.  Many people have given her wonderful advise that has been ignored.  The OP needs an advocate to provide her with the options and make sure she follows through with whatever she decides is best for her.  Nothing is going to change till she wants it to.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

She misses her husband.

Honored Contributor

This woman is having a hard time "making her way" and needs help. If anyone knows her and lives near her please help. I think part of her problem is fear.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1  Oh dear,my heart hurts for you.Please see a professional & tell him / her what you’re feeling.Open up to suggestions that can improve your situation.

Trusted Contributor

@halfpint1 You really shouldn't frame this as not being able to talk to your son. It's somewhat unfair to him since he has tried to help you with this noise situation as well of other things. He's just unable to help because he doesn't hear it.

I hope you continue on with the anxiety meds you've been given. You really need to take them as prescribed for a while to see if they work.

Honored Contributor

I love my white noise machine.  I keep it on "fan".  When our large dog was living, I couldn't sleep because he and DH both snored.  It's a wonderful invention!Smiley Happy