Honored Contributor

Re: Can you talk to your children

@dex 

I don't get most of what she posts anymore. My concern is for her and my belief is she needs lots of help, and from/for multiple issues.

My sincere hope is she gets what she needs badly.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut I agree. She's been given good advice tons of times but chooses to ignore it. I give up.

Honored Contributor

I think it's cool the op is 80+ and still posting on forums.

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1  I can talk to my son and he understands, but he is not interested in being a care giver for anyone. I know if I'm alone and start to slip mentally or physically, I'm on my own.  It sounds like your son cannot meet your needs for reasons he only knows. My dear woman, for your own sake accept this fact and get yourself some help.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 Cool, maybe. But it would be even cooler if she would accept some of the tons of help offered by so many. But I think we know she will ignore all of it. So, not "cool".

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

When my heat pump/furnace runs and reaches the set temperature the thermostat is set on, it just simply cuts off.   The only sound is a click when it reaches temperature, then the fan stops, and there is silence, until the fan starts again and blows more heat.  There is no reason for an uncontrollable sound.  

You must find a way not to focus and obsess about the sound.   I think you do that because you are home alone, you have a high level of uncontrolled anxiety, and you are scared.   Please keep taking the Celexa the doctor prescribed, so you start controlling your anxiety.   

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1  There is nothing "cool" about this situation. She's in trouble and needs help, but isn't getting it for a variety of reasons. Someone needs to intervene ASAP. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I cannot understand your post at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I have a sound machine going all night. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure  your son understands but what advice is he giving you.  As other posters have told you time and again, please talk to a dr and consider moving to a senior living facility.  There are at least people on staff 24 hrs to help you.

I am living on the opposite side of your situation, dealing with a parent who calls us multiple times per week about situations in her home.  This requires DH & I, who also have our own family, obligations to drop everything, drive to her home and solve her issue.  While all kids and grand children tell her constantly to 1. see a dr for at least a check up 2. sell her home and downsize into something more manageable and not overwhelming.  She refuses to do both.  I'm guessing your son maybe giving you some of the same advice but you are also ignoring it.

I pray that you take some of the advice given to you.