Trusted Contributor

Re: Can you sense negativity?

yes

Respected Contributor

When dad moved in with me, he had to get a new doctor.  He'd  gotten recommendations for a particular doc.  However, dad was Medicare and as many of you know - many practices don't take new Medicare patients on as new patients but allow former patients to remain.  Dad was referred to another doc in the practice.  

This guy was older and most of his medical experience had been at military hospitals.  He was an excellent doctor but he had the absolute worst bedside manner ever and my father couldn't hear so after he examined my father the doc would call me in to explain dad's issues.  This guy's dealing with women was horrible.  I'd have fired him in a heartbeat if it was for me but my father liked him AND I personally saw on some occasions how he fought the hospital policy when they tried to kick dad out.  When dad died, this miserable man came out to say that he was sorry and complimented me (and my siblings) because he said we were excellent medical advocates for him.  I was shocked. 

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach, I'm pretty sure we can all sense negativity on some level ~ part of our natural intuition. The fight or flight system. 

Even online, I can sense it pretty strongly. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Have you thought about ‘smudging’ your place

to rid the negative energy?

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @sidsmom

I've done that once or twice before in the past but I feel nothing lingering.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

We had a guy come over to look at some work we needed done and the first thing he said was" don't ask me for references; I don't believe in that kind of stuff". Needless to say....
Honored Contributor

When someone gives off "bad vibes", the smart thing to do is get away from them if you can. What's hard is if you are unlucky enough to have to work with someone who gives off bad vibes. I would willingly allow someone like that to be in my house to do work, etc.