Honored Contributor

Re: Can you sense negativity?

Thank you, @LTT1

BTW, I love your new avatar.  Very strong, actually.  I'm guessing it's for Kate Spade, but it also seems to me you are a strong person.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach  I understand what you're saying and agree - how did you get him to leave the premises?

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

He knew I wasn't pleased.  He was willing to go.  

It made me wonder if he'd been in that situation before and other people had asked him to leave.

Honored Contributor

So, how long are you going to have to wait for your carpet now?

Respected Contributor

Can you sense negativity?

Yes, from a mile away. I have zero interest in being exposed to negative people.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach, my friend just had a similar experience with an electrician about some work in her home.  Lecturing, condescending, rude.  Big price too.  He never got the job.  

I would have done the same thing.  LM

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

Yes, I had a similar experience and it also was with griping floor people. I just let it roll off, busied myself with other things, and added NO fuel to their fire! A little while later, I offered soda and tea, asked if they needed it cooler in there, and when I told the head guy that I could see how tough their work was and that I appreciated the effort, he changed his tune.  At one point I recall half joking with him, "if I had this job to do on thus hot day, I'd be griping, too."  And I said something about the fact that in my job I had to wrangle people all day and I wasn't sure, come to think of it, if it was harder or not to wrestle with carpet. We both laughed.

This was way beyond having a hard day, @libbyannE

This seemed more part of his character.

He hadn't even begun to work.  

I, too, offer refreshments and words of encouragement.  This wasn't that kind of experience.   He came in with that attitude and that demeanor.

@GingerPeach

Hi there. I see what you mean. I was only referring to my experience. I'm so sorry if it sounded as if I were finding fault with you. I should have been more clear about that. ❤️

Honored Contributor

No worries, @libbyannE

I know it's hard to gauge everything or tailor everything perfectly just in a post.  I took no offense.  I'm glad we're OK!  It's interesting how these things happen in degrees of situation, personality, circumstance, and more.  Nothing is ever black and white, is it?

Respected Contributor

This whole thread is negative. 

Honored Contributor

(thread title

@GingerPeach

No, I do not sense negativity, in anyone or any situation. A person or company has to meet what my requirement is when judging what they say, and/or what they do, or do not do. Negativity is not one of my human senses!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)