Honored Contributor

This is so ridiculous, but I can only find three of my summer tops.  I only have my closet, the bottom of my armoire and my dresser as possible places they could be.  I have looked several times and can't find them.  They should be in my closet.

I took eight large black trash bags of clothes to Am Vets this winter.  I have this horrible feeling that I may have donated them by mistake.  I can't believe this.  I'm going to have to do quite a bit of shopping that I hadn't planned on.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Can't Find My Summer Tops

Could you possibly have stored them elsewhere to make room for your winter clothes?  I have way too many clothes and cannot keep both summer and winter clothes in my closets/armoire/dressers.  I keep the current season and items I can wear 3 seasons in those accessible places.   In winter the summer things like capris and summer tops go in trunks, the furthest top shelf of two of my closets and in totes under the bed and vice versa in Spring with my winter pants, corduroys, fleece, etc.   Think back to Fall, do you think you might have stored your summer tops? 

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack  Better get down to Am Vets and go shopping. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've spent a lot of time purging and donating these past 6 months. Now that "the top layer" is gone, I am discovering many forgotten items.  Hope you find your tops!

Super Contributor

Could they have been in a drawer and fallen out the back side of the drawer to the bottom of the chest?  I lost a couple pair of pj's last year.  I kept looking in the drawer but couldn't find them.  One day I pulled the drawer out and there they were.  Things like that drive me crazy.

Honored Contributor

Sorry and been there and done that ended up give a bag of things to be tailored to the Goodwill. One year I could not find my Winter Jacket for anything, turns out hubby put it under the bed, lord knows why, and we did not find it for 2 years.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

This happens to me every year. I think I get creative about storage at the end of each season. I will have to start writing down where I put things. I hope yo find your tops. 🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

This is so ridiculous, but I can only find three of my summer tops.  I only have my closet, the bottom of my armoire and my dresser as possible places they could be.  I have looked several times and can't find them.  They should be in my closet.

I took eight large black trash bags of clothes to Am Vets this winter.  I have this horrible feeling that I may have donated them by mistake.  I can't believe this.  I'm going to have to do quite a bit of shopping that I hadn't planned on.

Oh my goodness ! I was in the same scenario. I remodeled my bedroom this winter and repainted my chest of drawers and rearranged things and had bags go to the Goodwill. I A few days ago I was looking for a summer top and could not find the 5-6 nicer ones  that I always keep together . I looked in each of the drawers and then thought "oh shoot I gave them away." I looked more carefully today and they were in a drawer under all my tanks that I wear under sweaters and tops for the winter.

Maybe yours will show up somewhere!

Valued Contributor

It's not just you!  I cannot find a favorite I N C dress.  I know I didn't donate it but I have turned my closets upside down and it is no where to be found!

Esteemed Contributor

Think of it this way. It gives you a excuse to go shopping.