Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can anyone help w/Facebook problem?

So in checking out down detector seems I'm not the only one with this particular problem. And in reading either that one or one of the other similar sites I checked where people report problems one person said they heard or read the problem seems to be in the NYC and outlying areas. I'm about an hour away from NYC on a good traffic day so will wait and see what tomorrow brings. It's not an earth shattering problem, just annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

So in checking out down detector seems I'm not the only one with this particular problem. And in reading either that one or one of the other similar sites I checked where people report problems one person said they heard or read the problem seems to be in the NYC and outlying areas. I'm about an hour away from NYC on a good traffic day so will wait and see what tomorrow brings. It's not an earth shattering problem, just annoying.

Just FYI:  I've been in and near NYC all day today, and haven't had this problem.  I went to a big event this weekend, and lots of us have been sharing photos, etc. on FB. No one I know in this area has said anything about having any kind of problem.  So I wouldn't put much stock in what you heard about NYC and outlying areas.

It does sound annoying!   But it's good to know it's not just you and a mystery you have to solve.  I hope it gets resolved soon.

Happy Birthday!!!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Just FYI:  I've been in and near NYC all day today, and haven't had this problem.  I went to a big event this weekend, and lots of us have been sharing photos, etc. on FB. No one I know in this area has said anything about having any kind of problem.  So I wouldn't put much stock in what you heard about NYC and outlying areas.

It does sound annoying!   But it's good to know it's not just you and a mystery you have to solve.  I hope it gets resolved soon.

@NYC Susan@dooBdoo

OMG I actually fixed it. I did some more reading of comments on downdetector from others who had the same thing. It had to do with my McAfee firewall. I then googled instructions on how to reset it to the default setting. VOILA! That did the trick! THANK YOU LADIES

@

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@NYC Susan@dooBdoo

OMG I actually fixed it. I did some more reading of comments on downdetector from others who had the same thing. It had to do with my McAfee firewall. I then googled instructions on how to reset it to the default setting. VOILA! That did the trick! THANK YOU LADIES

@

Good for you!  You should be proud!  :-)