Honored Contributor

@Noel7 No, I didn't get that Doll TSV. Working my way through existing stash of makeup.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyone!

It's been a real busy week for me, six states , good food, family and friends.  It's nice to be home, just in time for the NE heatwave.  UGH!

Have a great weekend and stay cool! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Good Saturday Everyone Smiley Happy

Last minute getting ready for Father's Day tomorrow.  We're going to have dinner at a favorite restaurant of ours and hopefully we will find a couple of good movies at Red Box for later.  I still have wrapping to do, but got up early for a new summer manicure, a little out of my comfort zone but I love it: Essie Watermelon.

Happy Weekend!

Honored Contributor

Hi all,

I just took a quick look and the heat wave won't be affecting me unless I choose to visit San Jose or a couple of other towns in that area - which I won't. Fine here, though.

I want to see Finding Dory some time this week. I have an optometrist appt and have been looking frames up online to ask about trying on/ordering for color. Purple or blue.

Ordered first ever clothing item from QVC, a Joan Rivers faux suede shirt-jac in charcoal. It's a next month TSV. Should be versatile for me.

Have a great weekend.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies, one and all! 

Wow!  I really have to log in and catch up more often than once a month.  I'm not a very fast reader, and it takes me a couple of hours just to get caught up.  Between my tv addiction, my online shopping addiction,  my Monday night walking group, taking Zumba classes twice a week, yoga classes twice a week, perusing facebook, blogs, etc., the Q forums have fallen to last place on my priority list lately.  But I do miss you guys whem I'm not here. Smiley Very Happy

I really enjoy seeing everyone's beautiful photographs, recipes, exotic dining experiences - and what my grandmother would refer to as "good eats!"

So glad to see that many are on the mend, and that some of our absent friends have returned to us again. Smiley Happy  Positive thoughts for all!

(Plus you ladies out on the west coast know that I think of you when I pour a drink out of a bottle that comes from California - which I will be doing shortly! Smiley Wink

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ

Hey Shiraz!

It's nice to see you again Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hey there, @SHIRAZ!

Please come by more often, we love to see & chat with old friends 😎

Valued Contributor

So funny thing this morning.  I was in yoga class, and we have the front and back doors open, because it is hot.  Our local Humane Society was holding an adoption event today in an adjacent parking lot, and they arrived to start setting up shortly after we began our class.  So the whole rest of the hour we are listening to "Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap!"  "Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof!"  Very distracting, but didn't bother me because I love dogs.  I'm just happy that some of the animals managed to find homes today!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

So funny thing this morning.  I was in yoga class, and we have the front and back doors open, because it is hot.  Our local Humane Society was holding an adoption event today in an adjacent parking lot, and they arrived to start setting up shortly after we began our class.  So the whole rest of the hour we are listening to "Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap!"  "Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof!"  Very distracting, but didn't bother me because I love dogs.  I'm just happy that some of the animals managed to find homes today!

Aww, how wonderful, @SHIRAZ 😍

Hope they left with many empty cages!

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde Well, they adopted a few.  A couple of cats and a dog or two.  At least the animals got out in some fresh air and got to socialize with people a bit.  I wish it hadn't been so sweltering hot for them, though!  I intended to walk back up there on my way to the video store, but just as I was ready to leave the house, my mom called, so it was a half hour later, before I got out of the house.  When I walked by they had everything loaded up and were just taking down the tent.  All was quiet.  I am sure the dogs were all tired out at that point, and they might have also just left in another vehicle.